Actions and Detail Panel
Supporting Minority Ethnic Parents Affected by CSE
Thu 30 March 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 BST
This course looks at the impact of CSE on families from black and minority ethnic communities (BAME) and explores effective methods of engaging with and supporting parents/carers to help safeguard the child or young person. You will look at the particular vulnerabilities faced by girls and boys and the cultural aspects that keep the issue hidden.
• Recognise cultural differences and how this should inform practice
• Understand how CSE affects people from BAME communities, in particular South Asian and Eastern European backgrounds
• Understand the barriers parents/carers may face in engaging with services
• Identify key elements of good practice
• Understand the work of Pace in relation to supporting parents/carers to safeguarding their children
Who this course is for:
• Social workers or safeguarding professionals
• Health practitioners
• Voluntary sector employees and volunteers
Lunch and refreshments included.
Pay by invoice available at checkout.