San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
How can we help parents whose children are targets of bullying?
How can we support families whose children exhibit bullying behavior?
How can we encourage families to work with schools to address bullying incidents?
This interactive training will address the above questions and more. Using the lens of bias-based or identity-based bullying, participants will examine their own beliefs and values around name-calling and bullying as part of children’s lives, build an understanding of the nuances of defining bullying and its impact, and will gain insight about how to support families to intervene when incidents occur, and how to take an active role in bullying prevention.
Continental breakfast, coffee, and networking will be available beginning at 9:00 AM.
Who Should Participate?
Direct service staff working with families who have school-age children
- Increase their awareness of the dynamics of name-calling and bullying incidents, by understanding the different roles people play and the behaviors associated with each role.
- Increase their understanding of the potential for bias- or hate-based incidents to escalate when not addressed.
- Improve their ability to assess specific incidents of bullying and name-calling and to guide students, parents, and family members on appropriate responses.
- Be equipped to support families in evaluating the effectiveness of school policies and programs addressing name-calling and bullying among students.
- Rick Oculto, Education Manager, Our Family Coalition
- Jaqueline Regev, Director of Education, Central-Pacific Region, Anti-Defamation League
- Thomas H. Graven, Executive Director, Student Family and Community Support Department, SFUSD
- By CREDIT CARD: Register and pay, here on Eventbrite
- By CHECK: Go to our website to download the registration form http://www.sffsn.org/training/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
Note: This policy applies to each ticket purchased for individual participants.
- If you cancel more than 5 days before the training, you will be refunded your registration fee less a $10 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel less than 5 days before the training date, no refund or credit will be given.
- Please email your cancellation request to Ricardo – email@example.com
- SFFSN reserves the right to cancel this training if minimum registration requirements are not met. A refund will be giving to those who are registered.
Save This Event
When & Where
San Francisco Family Support Network
Founded in 2004, the San Francisco Family Support Network is a unique partnership of the stakeholders in the Family Support field: families, community-based organizations, public departments, and private foundations. SFFSN's mission is to work collectively to achieve quality programs, coordination of resources, and policies that support all San Francisco families. For more information, visit our website at www.sffsn.org.