Instructor: Brad Hedges, Ph.D., PCC-S, Psychologist
CE/Us: 4 for Ohio Counselors and Social Workers that should count towards supervisory endorsement, 4 CEUs for Psychologists
The mechanics of being a good supervisor often serves as a barrier to clinicians moving into a supervisory role. This workshop is designed to help clinicians become good supervisors and to learn to comply with legal requirements by learning to manage the supervisory relationship and document the relationship.
- Understand the importance of creating a structure / plan for supervision.
- Understand the supervisory process and it's relationship to ethical codes and state mandates for mental health professionals.
- Become familiar with required documents and their contribution to struturing the supervisory session.
- Participants demonstrate ability to establish the supervisory relationship through the development of a supervisory contract.
- Participants will verbally identify specific strategies for structuring supervision sessions.
- Participants will demonstrate the ability to identify and use supervsiory documentation to comply with Ohio laws regarding supervision.
- Acquiring Supervisees/Supervisee Recruitment
- Structuring Supervision Sessions
- Initial Documentation including Scope of Practice, Supervision Contract, Disclosure Statement, and Supervisory Relationship Statement
- Using Supervisory Logs
- Documentation Reviewing
- Endorsement of Supervisees
Participants: Counselors and Social Workers who are seeking supervisory endorsement, Psychologists
Note: It is strongly recommended that participants attend the Introduction to Supervision training first; however, it is not required.
For Directions Please Refer To: