SUNY CID: From Lab to Landscape: Integrated Infectious Disease Research
Friday, January 24, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
With a focus on multidisciplinary aspects of infectious diseases and environmental health, the symposium will feature distinguished speakers from research, academia, and public health practice. Topics will include current research on factors associated with the burden of emerging diseases of people and wildlife including:
• ecological and climatic drivers
• social and behavioral determinants
• vector ecology and control
• vaccine development and challenges
• public health surveillance and interventions.
• Featured address by Dr. Laura Kramer, Research Scientist at the Wadsworth Center, NY State Department of Health
• Cutting edge research talks by ESF and Upstate investigators
• A panel discussion on New York research and training needs and opportunities
• Poster session with cash awards for best student posters
• Networking opportunities during lunch and the poster session's catered reception
When & Where
State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
For additional information, please contact Art Stipanovic at firstname.lastname@example.org.