WHAT IS THIS CRAZY NONSENSE?
Beat The Blerch is a 10k, half marathon, and full marathon inspired by this comic about running. Organized by The Oatmeal, the race is now in it's 4th year and will be better than ever!
- Matthew Inman, AKA The Oatmeal, will be there signing books as well as running the race.
- Scenic and shady course through the Snoqualmie Valley.
- Every participant gets a “Beat The Blerch 2017” tech shirt and medal.
- There will be large quantities of cake at every aid station, in addition to Nutella and magical grape beverages.
- There will be actual Blerches tempting and haranguing you throughout the race.
- Free race photos!
- Stellar swag bag with Blerch goodies.
- A percentage of the proceeds go to our non-profit partners.
WHEN? SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16TH
WHERE? CARNATION, WASHINGTON
- Race location: The race starts and finishes at Tolt McDonald Park, located at 31023 NE 40th St, Carnation WA 98014. Please do not drive to the park, unless you purchased a parking pass. More info on parking passes below.
- Packet Pickup: This will be held Thursday and Friday, September 14th and 15th. Packet pickup will run from 10am to 7pm on both days.. Packets will not be available for pickup outside of these hours. You are allowed to pick up other runner's packets. You do not need photo ID to pick up your packet. You can come to packet pickup on Thursday or Friday.
- Parking: If you did not buy a parking pass, please use one of the many free parking options outside of Tolt-McDonald Park. Click here to view a map of available parking locations. Please note that you cannot come into the park without a parking pass, even to drop off runners.
- Parking Pass: If you bought a parking pass when you registered, you will receive it via email one week prior to the race. You will need to print it out and place it clearly on the dash of your vehicle.
- Gear Check: There is a free gear check for all participants to use. Just be sure to bring your own bag. Beat the Blerch is not responsible for any lost, missing or stolen items.
- Aid Stations: They will be stocked with water, sport bars, magical grape flavored beverage, Nutella sandwiches, and birthday cake. 10k runners will hit the aid station once at mile 3. Half marathon runners will hit aid stations at mile 3, 6, 7.2, and 10.1. Marathon participants will hit the aid stations at mile 1.5, 4.3, 7.5, 10.3, 12, 15, 18, 20 and 23.
- Race Day Schedule:
- Packet Pickup: 7:30am to 8:50am
- Marathon Start: 8:15am
- Half Marathon Start: 9:30am
- 10k Start: 10:00am
- Race Course Closes: 3:15pm
Save This Event
When & Where
Beat The Blerch
WHAT IS THIS CRAZY NONSENSE?
Beat The Blerch is a 10k, half marathon, and full marathon inspired by this comic about running. Organized by The Oatmeal, 2014 was the inaugural year of this race and now it’s your chance to figuratively (and literally), Beat The Blerch again in 2016.