Actions and Detail Panel
Summerlin Hospital - AARP Smart Driver Class
Fri, May 19, 2017, 12:45 PM – 5:00 PM PDT
The AARP Smart Driver Class teaches you the current rules of the road, defensive driving techniques and how to operate your vehicle more safely in today's increasingly challenging driving environment. You'll learn how you can manage and accommodate common age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time. In addition, you'll learn:
- How to minimize the effects of dangerous blind spots
- How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car
- The safest ways to change lanes and make turns at busy intersections
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, antilock brakes and new technology found in cars today
- Ways to monitor your own and others' driving skills and capabilities
- The effects of medications on driving
- The importance of eliminating distractions, such as eating, smoking and using a cellphone
NOTE: This class charges a fee that must be paid at the event. $15 per person for AARP members and $20 per person for non-members. AARP members must present their cards or membership number at the beginning of the class. Check or money orders only. No cash, credit or debit cards accepted.
Location: Medical Office Building located next door to Summerlin Hospital. Take elevators on the first floor to the G level (ground level). Turn right, take quick left. The conference room is on your left.