Actions and Detail Panel
Summer Music Camp for Middle School and High School Students 2017
Mon, Jul 10, 2017, 7:15 AM – Fri, Jul 14, 2017, 2:00 PM EDT
Summer Music Camp for Middle School & High School Students
Monday, July 10 – Friday, July 14, 2017
The Music Department at the University of Valley Forge (UVF) is offering a 5-day comprehensive Summer Music Camp for students entering grades 7–12.
Each day begins at 8 am with a 30-minute session of community worship and devotions, followed by six sessions that include classes and rehearsals. Optional private lessons are offered at an additional fee of $50.
Fun evening recreational activities will be held on and off-campus and will include games, bowling, a movie night and a trip to Arnold’s Family Fun Center.
Students will complete a written music placement exam and audition on the first day of camp to determine class and ensemble assignments. Each student will participate in at least one ensemble performance on the last day of camp.
The following are just some of the benefits you will receive by attending UVF’s Summer Music Camp:
- Take classes and study under the outstanding music faculty at UVF
- Develop your musicianship skills
- Receive training and practical advice on preparing to be a music major in college
- Receive advice on how to prepare for your college entrance audition
- Experience what life would be like on the beautiful campus of UVF
- Meet other Christian musicians who have similar interests and goals
Performance opportunities are also an important part of the camp experience. Based on enrollment, one or more ensembles will be formed for the week (i.e., Wind Ensemble, Choral Ensemble, Worship Teams, etc.). Each student will perform in at least one of the ensembles on the last day of the camp.
The Summer Music Camp at UVF will be a unique, fun and memorable experience because it will provide opportunities to develop your musicianship skills in the context of a Christian environment. Prepare yourself for the best week of the summer!
If a registered student becomes unable to attend camp for any reason AND camp administration received a written refund request, the following refund policy will apply:
- If a written notice is received in the camp office 1–9 business days (Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM) prior to the first day of camp, student will receive a full refund less the $75 deposit.
- As of 5 PM on the night before camp check-in there are no refunds of any kind.
Accepted forms of written notification include:
- Letters mailed to the Music Department Office according to the policy above.
- E-mail sent to the Music Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of the above methods must be RECEIVED in our office according to the Refund Policy. Please be sure to get a confirmation from our Music Department Office indicating that your request to cancel was received and that the refund is being processed.