The legend continues...
By now you have probably heard of this epic event if you haven't been fortunate enough to attend. If you have already attended, you need nothing further than the dates for this year's event. If you haven't been to one of these in the past, by all means... continue reading.
The Epic Mansion & Pool Shoot kicks off the summer shooting season here in Maryland and is only matched in its scale and awesomeness by the Season's End version scheduled for September. We have exclusive use of a large and very nice home in the Northern Baltimore County area in Maryland which sits on several acres of private, wooded land and has one of the largest pools and patios you will find in a residential location. You will have access to the property for at least 12 hours each day to shoot with any number of amazing models from around the country and right here locally. This posting is for the Discounted Weekend Pass, but there will also be a Day Pass available for those who can not commit to a full weekend. There is typically close to a 2-3 ratio of models to photographers from our past events, and I expect that to remain the same as this has grown in its popularity across the country. You have the ability to shoot on your own all day and use any number of great locations around the home or property. If you are looking for more structure or help, there will be several mini group shoots scheduled each day as well as private mentoring sessions available to purchase. Either way, there will always be someone close by to assist you regardless of the problem.
What does your fee cover?
- Your event fee covers your use of the property during the event hours of 9am to 9pm. The pool grounds are very spacious and offer a multitude of shooting locations. The pool itself and separate in-ground hot tub as well as above ground hot tub also offers the ability to handle several shoots going on simultaneously. We will have use of the indoor pool table, media room and other rooms for inside shooting if the weather is good, and the run of the house in the event of bad weather. There is also a huge pool house that is air conditioned and the central meeting place for the models. The grounds around the pool do not require any stairs to get around and there is an abundance of chairs available to relax in between shoots.
- Free Food - We always have a chef on hand to whip up some food on the grill, whether that's eggs and donuts in the morning or burgers and chicken the rest of the day. No one pays extra for food and no one has ever left hungry.
- Free Beer, Soda, Water and Ice - Don't burden yourself with a cooler, the pool house will be stocked once again with just about anything you can think of for refreshment and hydration.
- More top models in one place than you can find anywhere else! - We pride ourselves in bringing in some of the best models from around the country as well as those here locally. We will never add "models" who you would not want to shoot just to fill the spots. If anything, we have to turn away models for these events so we can afford to be picky.
- Assistance - Whether you are flying in from across the country or coming here with an easy commute, all of your questions and concerns will be met and addressed in a timely fashion. While scheduling the models is your responsibility, we can get those who aren't as responsive to reply quickly when we are made aware. Trouble with where to shoot, who to shoot, how to light it, etc? Just ask and we will get you on the right path right away. We will also have some lighting available to borrow for this event if you do not have your own.
Who are the Models Attending?
Models will be added as they confirm
See who attended our last event here for an idea of the quality lineup you can expect
Pre-booking is strongly advised for your favorite models as they tend to book up quickly. If you have problems contacting the models, please let me know.
The suggested rate structure for this event will be:
$75/hr for bikini/implied only looks
$100/hr for up to Playboy Nude looks
$150+/hr for up to Erotic Nudes
Models are able to set their own rates, but this rate structure will be suggested to them. Most will follow this from past experience, but they may need a reminder... ;) You are also welcomed to share time with another photographer when booking a model. This is frequently done and works great!! Pair up and make your money last longer.
Will there be any group shooting?
1) Mini-Group Shoots
Yes, as we have done in the past there will be at least 2 mini-group shoots for those looking to fill their schedule with something different or unique.
2) Mentoring Sessions
There will also be mentoring sessions available for those looking to improve aspects of their shooting, lighting, and/or interaction (posing, location choice, styling) with the model. These sessions are limited to 3 photographers max to work with me and a model of my choosing for 2+ hours. There will be two of these sessions offered, from 11-1:30 each day. During this time, I will walk you through shooting both a natural light themed set as well as a strobe assisted set that would be suitable for publication. I will cover a variety of subjects from location selection, lighting considerations and usage, styling/wardrobe selection, posing, camera settings, and establishing a good report with your model. Everyone will have the opportunity to shoot of course, but unlike the regular workshops where all the emphasis is on shooting; we will focus equally on instruction and how I do things along with shooting. These sessions are $250 each and will include a featured model and release.
Where is this Located? -
The exact location is provided to registered attendees only, but it is about 10 minutes north of Hunt Valley, MD. Those needing hotel accommodations should use that in their search of hotels close by. There are easily a dozen in the area. There is also a light rail that runs from the airport, to the city, and out to Hunt Valley as well. Sharing hotel rooms, cars, rides, etc. is always encouraged and the comment section below is a great way to find someone willing to share. Or if you're coming from out of state, find a friend to sign up with you. Plenty of parking is available on the property. The nearest ATM is about 7 minutes down the road, so plan accordingly.
What do I need to bring? -
While I will have some lighting there to share, it is always prudent to bring options of your own. Everything from reflectors to speedlights to strobes will always come in handy. And while there are a multitude of outlets around the pool and of course inside, batteries come in handy as well. You don't have to go overboard to get great shots, often one light along with the sun is more than enough. Bring your own model releases of course.