Actions and Detail Panel
Summer Art Camp: Paint and Clay for Ages 6 to 8
Mon, Jul 17, 2017, 10:00 AM – Fri, Jul 21, 2017, 3:00 PM CDT
Ages 6 to 8 | 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dig into creative ways to work with clay and express yourself with paint in this camp that explores how the Japanese, Maya and other cultures use these materials in unique and fascinating ways.
Summer Art Camps are led by professional artist-educators and include tours of the museum, instruction in a variety of art techniques and media, and storytelling. Tuition covers materials, snacks, and a sketchbook in a canvas tote bag. Caregivers provide lunch and transportation for students. For the safety of your child, we will ask you to show a Photo ID at pick-up.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Only registered campers may attend. Parents and caregivers are required to sign their campers in and out with the instructor each day. A photo id is required for camper pick up and only pre-authorized persons may pick up campers.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The museum is accessible from several bus lines. There is free parking on the museum campus.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email us at email@example.com.
What's the refund policy?
Registration is refundable for 5 days after enrollment from March through May. Registrations after that time are non-refundable.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You will be required to bring the following signed forms to the first day of camp for your child:
- Photo Release
- Full Liability Release
- Summer Art Camp Guidelines for Parents
- Summer Art Camp Code of Conduct for Students
These forms are available on the museum's website: samuseum.org/learn/summercamp
Can I update my registration information?
What is the Summer Camp Code of Conduct?
• Discuss the Summer Camp Code of Conduct with my child/children.
• Help support the San Antonio Museum of Art in implementing this Code of Conduct.
• Let the program staff know of any special needs my child/children may have.
• Provide a lunch for my child/children each day.
• Send my child to camp in clothes they can make art in with closed toe shoes.
• Drop off my child/children in the Great Hall no earlier than 9:45 a.m. each day.
• Pick my child/children up from the museum in the Great Hall no later than 3:15 p.m. each day
for full-day camp and 12:45 for half-day camp.
• Be kind and respectful to everyone at the San Antonio Museum of Art including students,
teachers, employees and visitors.
• Be respectful of everything at the Museum including art, supplies, furniture, walls and campus.
• Follow Museum rules which include no food or drink in the galleries, pencils only in the
galleries and do not touch the art, walls, cases or pedastals/plinths.
• Use appropriate language and my inside voice.
• Keep my hands to myself and respect other students and their property.
• Help clean-up after myself after lunch and at the end of class.
• Stay with my group and listen to the teachers.
• Participate in my class in an appropriate manner. This includes being careful with art supplies
and following the teacher’s instructions.
• Learn new things, be creative, and have fun.
I understand that if I choose not to follow the Summer Camp Code of Conduct and depending on my
level of misconduct, my teacher and/or Museum staff has the right to give me a warning and separate
me from my fellow classmates. In extreme circumstances, my teacher and/or Museum staff reserves
the right to forbid me from attending class.
Parents and students must sign the Summer Camp Code of Conduct.