Sugatsune Product Showcase 2013
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (CDT)
Summary of activities you do not want to miss:
- Enjoy lunch & refreshments
- Earn AIA CEU credits
- Connect with industry professionals
- Learn unique solutions for custom applications
Highlighting high quality unique hardware solutions for architectural, millwork and cabinetry projects.
- Introducing a new panel mounting solution
- Lateral opening door systems
- High quality stainless steel decorative hardware
CEU Course Information
Bendheim, "Specialty Architectural Glass: Enhancing Sustainable Interiors"
The course is a study of the rich variety of specialty decorative glasses available to building and design professionals to enhance good design and contribute to sustainable building interiors.
- Identify two or more methods to manufacture architectural glass.
- Discuss the two major types of safety glass, their benefits and required applications.
- Select the optimal decorative specialty glass to enhance your project's aesthetics, functional, and environmental performance.
- Identify the LEED category/categories where a select decorative glass can contribute points.
Sugatsune America, "Designing a Safe Environment by Controlling Motion Through Damping Technology"
The course will review basic principles of damping technology for a general understanding, and then expand on each type of damping system to determine which system will work best for each application. Damping systems are designed to slow and to control motion on objects, such as doors and lids. Understanding the proper ways to utilize damping in the environment will increase the usefulness of many existing and new designs.
- Discuss the different types of damping systems.
- Identify the different applications that are applied with damping systems.
- Design damping into applications with safety in mind.
- Create effective and intelligent methods in incorporating damping technologies.