SUCCESSFUL FILM PRODUCING & FINANCING: Making Your Film Happen!
Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (EDT)
COMMAND PERFORMANCE PRODUCTIONS
SUCCESSFUL FILM PRODUCING AND FINANCING: Making Your Film Happen!
The Highly Acclaimed and Anticipated Workshop by Former ICM Agent & Award-Winning Filmmaker & Author
Saturday, April 26th @ 10 am-2 pm
SUCCESSFUL FILM FILM PRODUCING & FINANCING is an acclaimed and intense 4-hour workshop geared toward actors, writers, filmmakers, directors, producers and other working and successful creative professionals who want to produce films.
This is an insider's presentation to doing what one needs to do to produce a film, play, webseries, fictional or reality tv series. It is based on 30 years of analysis of the qualities and traits that successful film producers share. It is also based on the 30 years of personal producing experiences of its speaker.
SUCCESSFUL FILM FILM PRODUCING & FINANCING is extremely empowering (if not life-transforming) bottom-line and nuts-and-bolts. No fluff. Space is limited--Register today!
JIM WILL COVER MOST OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Selecting and researching the right script
- Literary gold mining
- Distinguishing yourself and your projects
- Creating superb promotional materials
- Pitching yourself and your projects
- Where the financing comes from
- How to find, approach, research and convince investors
- How to produce or invest in theater, television and new media
- How to package yourself as a creative
- What you need to know about domestic and international tax incentives and other soft money
- Film Producing advantages of holding a foreign passport
- Current status of the independent film industry
- What genres/budget ranges are working now
- Effective networking and an easy networking system
- Art of the schmooze
- Assembling a team whose sum is greater than it's parts
- Overcoming creative career self-sabotage
- Understanding and succeeding with agents and managers
- Distributors and sales agents--what you need to know
- Branding your film
- Do It Yourself Distribution
- Social Media Marketing for producers
- Making it happen on your own
Early Bird discount of $87 by April 12th!
720 NORTHERN BLVD.
BROOKVILLE, NY 11548
For further info: Call Colleen Bent at 917/705-3608.
Reserve today! Space is limited.
More about Jim:
Jim Jermanok has spoken to dozens of audiences worldwide at colleges and universities, film festivals, theaters, and media/arts organizations on the 25 years of wisdom he's acquired about succeeding in the world of entertainment. Jim started his career as an ICM (International Creative Management) Agent where he represented Alan Arkin, John Guare, Helen Hayes, Arthur Miller, Shirley MacLaine, Dudley Moore, Henry Winkler and General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, among others. There, he was privy to understanding how actors, writers, directors, and producers succeeded in the entertainment industry.
Now Jim is an award-winning writer, director and producer in independent film, theater, television and new media. In 2003, a full-length feature romantic comedy he wrote and produced, "PASSIONADA," was released by The Samuel Goldwyn Company domestically and by Columbia Tri-Star internationally in over 150 countries. It is a romantic comedy about the Portuguese in New Bedford, MA. The film received high praise from a number of prominent film critics, including "Two Thumbs Up!" from Ebert and Roper.
Recently, Jim produced "EM," an intense romantic drama that had its world premiere at the Seattle Intl. Film Festival, where it won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Film from among the more than 200 entries. It had a worldwide release late last year by Vanguard Cinema and SnagFilms.
Here are two recent Jim Jermanok on Producing articles from IndieWire, America's top independent film website:
When & Where
Presented by CENTRAL MASS FILM FESTIVAL, CLARK UNIVERSITY & JENNIFER GJULAMETI
Contact Jennifer Gjulameti at email@example.com