Actions and Detail Panel
Successful Account Management in FMCG
Tue, Mar 28, 2017, 9:00 AM – Wed, Mar 29, 2017, 5:00 PM BST
A two-day workshop designed exclusively to teach those in FMCG account management the tricks of the trade.
Identify growth opportunities by clever use of customer and market data
Understand the building blocks to a great business plan
Take a proactive approach: plan how you’ll prepare for customer meetings
Develop the nous for negotiation
Communicate effectively by considering the individual
...an account manager new to your role or experienced in the role but new to the industry. Perhaps you’ve had no formal training or want to brush up. You might be in another role but still have customer-facing responsibility.
Managing relationships means having the right tools for the job and putting the processes and structures in place — this is your two-day, ‘how to’ guide.
The workshop is...
...based on our extensive primary research and modelled on industry best practices, offering a full exploration of effective account management. Moreover, participants will get the chance to practice their newly-acquired skills through interactive sessions, ensuring the learning isn’t left behind in the room when they leave.
From interpreting data to drive growth opportunities to creating compelling propositions, you’ll be prepared for every challenge. Complementing the conventional core skills, some of the ‘softer’ attributes of a great account manager are also explored, with the knack for negotiating top of the list.
Our portfolio of proven tools and techniques is supported by the very latest industry insight. Analysis by our research team of the current environment and changing focus of trading relationships makes IGD training the most in-depth and up-to-date around.
The role and responsibilities of the account manager
- What your company expects
- What your customers expect
The role and responsibilities of the buyer
- What is expected of buyers
- How are they measured
The changing focus of trading relationships
- What are retailers saying?
- How do retailers measure suppliers?
- What capabilities are they looking for?
- How suppliers are responding
- How are suppliers responding?
The current environment and what it means to the account manager
- Key retail trends
- What the future looks like – how your business is likely to be impacted
- What it takes to build sustainable trading relationships
The selling process
- Key steps in the selling process
- The supporting tools
Developing customer business plan
- Understanding your customer and their needs
- Identifying opportunities
- Setting SMART account objectives
- Developing strategies to deliver account objectives that meet your customers needs
Successful account management - Day two
Planning for successful and effective customer meetings
- Developing winning customer proposals
- Incorporating features, benefits and the numeric argument
- Pre-meeting preparation and planning (incorporating IGD meeting and negotiation planning tools)
The customer meeting
- Conducting an effective customer meeting
- Anticipating and overcoming objections
- Customer meeting case study and role play using meeting and negotiation planning tools
- Meeting follow up
Effective business planning
- Account plans versus Joint Business Planning, what’s the difference?
- Developing meaningful objectives and strategies
- Using scorecards to measure category and company KPI’s
What our customers say
"Great, informal training. Lots of learning tools to use in my new role"
Cancellations and name changes to be confirmed in writing
Over 30 days notice - Full refund
15 - 30 days notice - 50% refund
Less than 15 days notice - No refund/transfe