Addressing Suicidal Ideation and Behavior in Substance Abuse Treatment is a two-hour suicide prevention (QPR) gatekeeper training for all substance abuse prevention and treatment staff, i.e. counselors, educators, support staff, administrators and supervisors, etc. This training offers you a customized version of the evidence-based “Question, Persuade, Refer” suicide prevention training that takes approximately 2 hours. This training
- enhances each participants’ awareness of their values, attitude and beliefs regarding suicide,
- provides general suicide awareness information,
- illuminates the connection between substance abuse and suicide,
- presents the risk and protective factors and warning signs of suicide, and
- offers a non-confrontational but effective means for engaging actively suicidal persons.
Training participants will be provided a certificate for 2.5 contact hours at the close of the workshop.