Are you confused about strobes, speed lights, soft boxes, sync cords, and triggers?
This introductory studio lighting class will start from the ground up as participants learn how to position their lights and their subjects. We will learn about how to use light ratios and various lighting styles to create portraits to flatter our subject.
During our photo shoots, our small group of participants will have access to studio lighting gear and (Nikon) speedlights. We will cover everything from buying your first set of lights, to directing a model while in the studio setting, as well as passing down all the little tips-and-tricks to help you get that WOW shot you’ve always wanted.
Detailed lighting diagrams and sample photos will be shared to help participants create stunning images, to get that perfect shot every time. Whether you are just getting started with studio lighting or if you have been working with speedlights for awhile but still don’t feel totally confident and in control of your results, this is the class for you!
You’ll come away from this workshop with the confidence to go home or back to your studio and start shooting professional portraiture.
What We Cover
- Basic studio lighting terminology.
- Overview of basic studio lighting gear.
- Overview of speedlights.
- Setting up and positioning your studio lights.
- Camera and flash settings.
- Various lighting styles.
- Using light ratios to set the tone of your images.
What You Need
- DSLR and a portrait lens 50mm, 85mm or a zoom covering that range.
- Please familiarize yourself with your camera before arriving. Be able to change your settings to manual for F-Stop, Shutter Speed, White Balance and ISO.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Learn how to take better portrait photos
- Learn the key three elements in lighting.
- Learn how to use the controls on your camera to match ambient light with flash lighting.
- Learn the different lighting methods and which one would work best for you.
- Learn about lens choices.
- Gain the knowledge and understanding you seek to take your photography to the next level.
This is designed for a small group of people. So register early to get your spot.
Date: Saturday, March 11th 2017 | Time: 8:30 – 12:30
Where: Collierville Chamber of Commerce | 485 Halle Park Drive | Collierville, TN 38017
Special Christmas Discount – Save additional $20! |Code is XMAS | Expires Christmas Day
Investment: 50% Discount Early Registration Fee $99 | *After March 4th, Fee is $198.
Instructor: Professional Photographer Blair Ball
President of Memphis Camera Club – 2 yrs. Vice President – 2 yrs.
His works have been published in:
CBS sports | The Travel Channel | Memphis Magazine | The Commercial Appeal | Memphis Sports Magazine | Memphis Motorsports Park | Memphis Runners Magazine | Bass Pro Shops Pyramid Memphis | New York Post | The Guardian | Memphis Business Journal
***Bring your Camera & Flash***
Review your camera instruction book & have knowledge of how to change your F-Stop, ISO, Shutter Speed and White Balance.