Strides For Success 5k Race & 1K Kids Race
Saturday, April 13, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Results can be found at:
And pictures (in no particular order, be sure to glance through most of them to find yourself multiple times!) are at:
All proceeds from photos purchased from this site will go directly back to the Junior League of Northern Virginia.
The Junior League of Northern Virginia is excited to host the 8th annual Strides For Success 5K Race and 1K Family Fun Run/Walk!
1k at 8:30
5k at 9:00
Hang out while your friends race or after you've finished your run at the Finish Line Family Festival, which includes:
- Kids in the Kitchen - interactive exhibits to teach children about nutrition and healthy eating
- Museum Without Walls - hands-on science and technology activities
- Kid- friendly yoga
- Face Painting
- "Toddler Dash" for children 5 and under
- Raffles and Prizes
- Age Group awards
- Strollers on Fire: Fastest Stroller award
Sounds awesome? Sign up your family today!
Where do the profits go from this race?
- $25: can buy 10 character building programs for children in area homeless shelters
- $50: can buy 1 case of diapers to alleviate diaper need in our community
- $100 : can buy 1 Kids in the Kitchen Event for local events
- $250: can buy 25 backpacks filled with school supplies for children in need
- $500: 50 back to school health physicals and immunizations for uninsured children
Please note that the T-shirt size requested is not guaranteed for participants registering after April 1, 2013. We thank you for your understanding.
Let us know how your training is going, or what other races you're doing to prepare, at our facebook page.
The Junior League of Northern Virginia (JLNV) is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. For 55 years, the JLNV has provided hundreds of thousands of volunteer hours and more than $2 million to implement more than 25 community programs throughout our history. Our current community programs, which include health and wellness-focused projects, can be found in more detail at our website: http://www.jlnv.org. You can also follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/juniorleaguenorthernvirginia, on Twitter @jlnv, and pinterest at http://pinterest.com/jlnv/strides-for-success/
When & Where
Junior League of Northern Virginia