STRIDE Lab | Community Building
A STRIDE Learning Lab on seeding, building and tending to the power of community
“If you want to understand the difference between a network and a community, ask your Facebook friends to help paint your house.” - Harvard Business Review
Communities are all the buzz. And rightly so. We live in a society that is becoming more and more individualized, with employees who no longer have a sense of belonging and an increased notion that deeper collaboration is what is needed to create value. This raises a big question: what collective formation allows creating the fertile ground for collaboration and a sense of belonging? We believe communities do. In this STRIDE Lab you will learn how to seed, build and cultivate yours.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE LAB?
- You are interested in understanding what communities are and how to seed and cultivate one;
- You currently run a community in a professional or private setting and want to grow its vibrancy;
- You want to experience whether building a community is something you would pursue more actively in the future;
- You have concrete questions and challenges in community building and want them answered;
- You want to become part of a community of practice, a community of fellow community builders who will support you beyond these 1,5 days;
- You want to learn the “cooking techniques” - no recipes for community building exist - of how to prepare your delicious community. In this Lab, we will be looking at both virtual and analog communities, with a focus on the latter.
ABOUT THE LAB TEACHERS
Niels is an impact-driven entrepreneur with a red thread throughout his life: bringing people together around common themes. Starting as a kid in hobby projects, he continued into leading student organisations and building the vibrant community of Impact Hub. Niels uniquely combines an instinct for human behavior with extensive experience in teaching and facilitation, both building communities and in recognized thought leadership. Niels helped to build the global Impact Hub community and is part of the How We Gather community. He has a background in business and economics.
Björn is doing, facilitating, teaching and researching collaborative innovation and learning. Enjoying and seeking transdisciplinary work and projects, Björn radiates that creativity and learning is happening on the fringe, in-between disciplines, people and things. Passionate about the future of work, organization and learning, Björn co-founded STRIDE as well as BEAM, an up-and-coming think tank and growing community of transdisciplinary thinkers. With a background in psychology and a PhD in “Organizational Studies and Cultural Theory” from the University of St. Gallen (HSG), Björn teaches courses on „creative collaboration“ and does research on collaboration within “critical innovation studies.”
Read more: here
By registering for the event or purchasing a ticket I agree to the STRIDE's Terms & Conditions.