Strategies for Influencing Others
Learning Format: Classroom
Comparable course Influential Leadership
- Target Audience: Team Leaders and above
- Course Length: Three hours, 30 minutes
- Prerequisites: Team Leader Level 1 Certificate
- Course Prep: Yes. Twenty minutes.
Whether it’s an innovative breakthrough or a simple process improvement, making it happen generally requires commitment from others in the organization. The best way to gain this commitment is to have a strategy for each stakeholder.
This course shows leaders and individual contributors how to package their ideas in a way that will win over even the most skeptical individuals. Participants learn strategies for effectively capturing people’s attention, transforming their perspectives, and gaining their commitment to taking action.
Do You Face Any of These Issues?
- Are associates having trouble gaining commitment for ideas that will improve business products, procedures, and outcomes?
- Are associates hesitant to act on their ideas because commitment is needed by others outside their team or at a higher-level within the organization?
- Do good ideas not get implemented because others did not understand the benefit it will have to the organization?
- Capture stakeholders’ attention, gain their commitment, and make things happen.
- Leverage their personal power to gain other’s commitment to take action on promising ideas and alternatives that achieve business results.
- Implement new ideas, improvements, and alternatives that will have the greatest impact on organizational objectives.
Primary Competency Developed
Secondary Competency Developed
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
Date and Time
2E Room 108