Strategic Start Executive Onboarding Training
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 9:00 AM - Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
What Participants Can Expect
In this three-day workshop participants will learn the Strategic Start® proven methodology for executive onboarding and receive everything they need to customize and smoothly facilitate 10 critical onboarding meetings.
- Get everything you need to succeed, beginning with a comprehensive Facilitator Guide which includes agendas and guides for 10 critical transition meetings, all handouts and a Transition Guidance Notebook for the new executive.
- Easily customize and produce materials quickly.
- Become fully licensed to deliver Strategic Start® at your worksite, with everything you need on a flash drive.
- Learn the key factors and best practices of successful executive onboarding and what causes derailment.
- Gain the skills to assess the situation accurately and customize the approach to be an exact fit to the needs.
- Receive materials to market Strategic Start® to internal clients.
Strategic Start® Overview
Today newly promoted or hired executives are expected to produce faster than ever before. They can do it with the proper onboarding support. But unfortunately most are expected to “hit the ground running”. An unrealistic expectation even for a super star. The statistics are sobering: 64% of executives hired from outside, and 34% of those promoted internally, fail in the first 18 months. Worst of all, the cost of failure is estimated to be at least 4X annual salary. Supporting your newest talent at the top effectively is clearly one of your best investments.
To meet the challenge of navigating the crucial first 100 Days, we designed STRATEGIC START®, a timely solution and a smart investment to dramatically increase the likelihood of success. Our unique coaching and consulting process has revolutionized executive transitions, and been proven by the hundreds of new executives we’ve guided through transition for clients in government agencies, corporations, unions, non-profits and associations. Examples of organizations successfully using Strategic Start is the Small Business Administration, NASA, National Education Association and Griffith Foods.
STRATEGIC START® is a smart, condensed program that produces in a few weeks the trust building and learning that often takes up to 18 months.
Executives are counseled to take full advantage of their brief Honeymoon Period, taught to leverage it as an invaluable opportunity to access information, learn the culture, assess needs, and intelligently initiate change as they positively lay the foundation for long-term success. Executives are most vulnerable during transition and we help them acquire the knowledge they need and to build key relationships that fuels early momentum and success.
STRATEGIC START® Executive Package is a comprehensive transition process that includes 10 critical transition meetings designed to dramatically condense the time to accomplish specific critical objectives:
- Quickly Grasp the Strategic and Operational Situation: Mission, Vision, Goals, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, threats, Priorities, Challenges, Key Stakeholders, Customers.
- Understand the Culture and the Big Picture: Context including history, values, and invisible rules.
- Develop Key Relationships:Align with the boss's expectations, situation analysis, decision making authority, and access to timely feedback. The Direct Report Team, Key Stakeholders, Customers and Peers.
- Deliver Desired Results Quickly:Identify critical priorities and "early win" goals for the first 100 days.
- Executive Support and Coaching: Systematically avoid the "potholes" that commonly derail new executives. Preparation to make a great first impression and take full advantage of stakeholder and direct report meetings.
Strategic Start® Training Purpose: To prepare participants to successfully support new executives during the first 100 days.
- Understanding of the key factors that contribute to a successful executive transition.
- Understanding of the components of the process and rationale.
- Opportunity to learn and practice delivering program components.
- Understanding how to customize the program.
- Understanding how to market Strategic Start®
Agenda- Day 1
- Getting Started
- Standing in the new executive’s shoes
- Key objectives of Strategic Start® and research foundation for successful executive transitions
- Overview of the 10 Strategic Start® Meetings
- “Joining up” with the new executive- First meeting overview and practice
Agenda- Day 2
- Overview- Staff and Executive Information Sharing Meeting
- Practice: Staff preparation for information sharing meeting
- Practice facilitation of Information Sharing meeting.
- Meetings with the Hiring Manager- review and practice
Agenda- Day 3
- Review and practice Information Sharing Meeting between the boss and new executive.
- Practice- Initial Meeting with Executive
- Early Wins Planning Meeting- overview and practice
- Practice Debrief meeting with the new executive
- Strategic Start Logistics
- How to customize the process to fit the situation
When & Where
Connie Meyer Performance Partners 3012.270.0558 WWW.PPartners.com
Dedicated to Creating Healthy, Thriving Organizations
Many years ago while facilitating stress management workshops for Fortune 500 employees, Connie discovered how much unhealthy stress and anxiety was generated by toxic organization cultures – bad bosses, fear-based management styles, political in-fighting, people under-appreciated and overworked and dysfunctional decision making. If these were the best companies, what was happening at the worst? This began a lifelong mission to support leaders in creating healthy organizations where people thrive and the organization prospers.
Academically Trained, Real World Grounded
Building upon undergraduate degrees in Psychology and Education from Montclair State University, she entered one of the most respected and highly-rated Master’s programs for understanding Organization Behavior, earning a Master’s in Human and Organization Development from American University and NTL. Her real world experience as a Quality Director and Director of Training for Johnson & Johnson and Director of Organization Effectiveness at Freddie Mac enables her to truly understand the executive role. In 1993 she founded Performance Partners.
A lifelong learner, Connie has never stopped adding to her expertise, including a 2 year coaching certification from Newfield Network; a one year executive teambuilding certification from Human Factors; certification in the Balanced Scorecard by Kaplan and Norton; Culture Transformation Tools certification by Richard Barrett and Culture Change by Human Synergistics. Her unique expertise also includes development of proprietary systems such as Performance Partners Strategic Start® and additional certifications too numerous and diverse to list but available and happily shared upon request.
Why Performance Partners is Healthy and Thriving
For over two decades clients have derived great value from:
- The advantage of having someone with Connie’s expertise and passion as a trusted advisor and partner. Trusting her to always support their success and maintain strict confidentiality
- A relationship yielding dual payoffs. She focuses on team dynamics conducive to healthy thriving teams, while facilitating projects to set strategic direction, change cultures and increase the organization’s effectiveness. Even her unique executive onboarding process simultaneously builds the executive team.
- The design of a customized approach targeted to your needs and expectations while approaching your business with a whole system perspective.
- Matching your need with the exact expertise needed, by drawing upon a network of experienced, proven, senior level consultants and coaches – at a fraction of the price of the large firms for comparable experience and talent.
Performance Partners clients are amazed how quickly and efficiently they realize the results they want.
Clients of all Sizes in most Every Industry
Clients include Fortune 50 companies, federal government agencies and non-profits in most every industry, from health care to financial services to media and public service: The National Education Association, Xerox, AARP, NASA, Freddie Mac, AOL, Midwest Airlines, the Food and Drug Administration, The Department of Homeland Security, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, NASDAQ, The Peace Corp, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, the World Wildlife Fund, and more. She loves working with top executives who want strategy-focused organizations with healthy cultures, characterized by high performing executive teams, open communication channels, and inspired people truly committed to your mission and goals.
She wants you to thrive.