San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Rapidly changing workplace initiatives, legal landscapes, technology and workplace culture require HR professionals to think beyond organizational policies; HR must be strategic in ways that benefit the organization and prove a Return on Investment (ROI). The Strategic Human Resources Management program provides the knowledge and practical skills for human resources administration and management. You will gain insight to push your role beyond HR administration and into a more strategic one, so that you can have a greater impact on your organization's success, and your organization can have a greater impact in the marketplace.
The content is based on the essential knowledge and expertise identified by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) in the United States. Please note that this course is not an HR compliance course, but a course about using and managing human capital strategically. The class is a series of facilitated discussions - they feature a high degree of participant interaction, hands-on activities, and tools and resources that can immediately be applied back at work.
Prior to the course, participants are asked to define one goal that they would like to complete (e.g., update a program, develop an initiative, solve an employee issue) as a result of attending this course. This will ensure attendees are able to implement some of what they learned immediately as they work towards achieving that goal. You will also be asked to create a strategic plan for your HR efforts, in order to ensure your HR activities can grow and improve as a result of this class. You are also strongly encouraged to make room in your work schedule immediately following the program to implement what you learn.
- Determine the human resources challenges that are most important to your organization
- Gain a strong understanding of HR as part of organizational strategy
- Assess the integration of your organization's mission and culture into your human resource management practices
- Review your organization's potential exposure to fines, lawsuits, and other risks associated with human resources issues
- Minimize risk with an HR audit
- Identify external partnerships (non-profits, labor attorneys, HR consultants, etc.) that will allow you to manage human resources more effectively
- Learn how to evaluate current staffing needs against future needs
- Using a job analysis as your first step, create job descriptions that improve your ability to recruit and select good employees
- Develop behavior based interview questions
- Hire people into the organization who fit within your organizational culture
- Discuss appropriate types of interviews for different hiring needs
- Understand the guidelines for asking legal questions
- Write job advertisements that draw a pool of great candidates to choose from
- Identify the essential elements of a successful recruitment strategy
- Evaluate your organization's on-boarding program and develop new strategies for improvement
- Identify the criteria for a successful performance management process
- Assist managers and supervisors in coaching performance throughout the year
- Conduct a learning needs assessment and choose the right training programs
- Identify resources and strategies to maximize employee development on a limited budget
- Measure training effectiveness using the Kirkpatrick Model
- Identify benefits and rewards that promote employee engagement and how to implement them
- Determine the steps necessary to effectively manage a poorly performing employee
- Develop a sample employee development plan
- Strategic HRM
- HR Audit
- Recruitment and selection
- Job analysis
- Behavior-based interview questions
- Interviewing skills
- Writing job descriptions and job postings
- Learning needs assessment
- Training and training evaluation
- Performance management
- Employee development
- Employee engagement
Who Will Benefit:
- HR Manager
- Professionals new to HR who are looking for guidance on where to start and how to excel in HR
- HR Assistants
- HR Generalists
- HR Consultants
- HR Directors
- Project Managers
- Business owners who don't have a strong HR person, and who seek to understand how to manage their greatest asset better
Note: Use coupon code < NB5SQH8N > and get 10% off on registration.
Save This Event
When & Where
Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.