STRATEGIC ENERGY MANAGEMENT (SEM)
Strategic Energy Management (SEM) seeks to improve energy performance by integrating energy considerations into organizational decision-making through the application of continuous improvement principles and practices and the development of energy information systems. Hands on exercises using SEM tools and templates give participants a real understanding of how to improve their energy management efforts. Topics covered during the course include:
- Roles & Responsibilities for Implementing an SEM Program
- Modeling Past Energy Performance
- Conducting an Energy Review of Operations and Facilities
- Understanding and Utilizing Energy Information Systems
- Developing Operational Control Strategies
- Pursuing and Tracking Energy Performance Improvement
- Creating the Administrative Infrastructure for a Sustainable SEM Program
Participants in this training will be prepared to develop an effective and rigorous SEM program for improving the energy performance of their organization. Participants will be introduced to the ISO 50001 Standard for Energy Management Systems and the benefits and options for certifying their SEM program to the standard. Participants will also understand the support available to them from Focus on Energy for implementing an SEM program.
* Maintenance Personnel * Facility Managers * Facility Engineers * Plant Engineers * Building Engineers
* Environmental Managers * Energy Managers/Directors * Utility Managers * Cost Reduction Team Leaders * Lean Six Sigma Team Managers and members * Energy Consultants and Advisors * Lean Six Sigma Team Managers and members * Business Owners and Managers * Engineering Students interested in expanding their knowledge of energy management
Payment information: Credit card payments accepted.
Paying by check? Make payable to: SEERA / Focus on Energy, Attn: Lisa Lee, 1 S. Pinckney St., Ste. 340, Madison, WI 53703
Included: Course materials, lunch and refreshments.