For this months Third Thursday Service Design Chat we are breaking the rule. It's on the 2nd Thursday. But we thought it was worth it to piggy back on this opportunity.
Launch of a book on strategic design, giving some books away having (free) drinks and nibbles afterwards.
Interest in strategic design is growing. More and more organizations are asking designers to apply their principles and practices to help co-define and co-implement their strategies. This new book on strategic design aims to help designers develop their full strategic potential. During an interactive session, we share eight key strategic design practices that leading researchers and practitioners have distilled. Come and join in the discussion!
Tristan Cooke, human-centered design leader at NAB, will kick off the official launch with an introduction to the book. Co-authors of the book that will take part in the interactive session include:
- Nermin Azabagic, Senior strategy consultant, IBM Interactive Experience
- Opher Yom-Tov, design entrepreneur, Design & Innovation advisor
- Ingo Karpen, Associate professor of Design Thinking at RMIT University
- Gerda Gemser, Full professor of Business and Design at RMIT University.
- Yoko Akama, Associate professor of Design at RMIT University & co-founder of the Service Design Network Melbourne
More information about these presenters and the book can be found on: www.strategicdesignbook.com.
After the interactive session, drinks and nibbles will be served on RMIT’s outdoor terrace (starting from 7pm). These drinks and nibbles are sponsored by RMIT’s Graduate School of Business and Law.
The first five people to arrive at the event, will receive a free copy of the book!