Stormwater Solutions Workshop
Join us for a FREE, 2-day, comprehensive interactive workshop on green infrastructure and low impact development approaches appropriate for coastal Oregon communities.
What You Will Learn:
Prioritization of stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs) for new development and retrofit projects.
Stormwater BMPs compliant with Oregon water quality policies (SLOPES V, NOAA NMFS, DEQ 401 Certification, TMDL preparedness, NFIP, ODOT FAHP).
Hands-on site assessment skills for stormwater planning and management.
Using green infrastructure practices to build climate resiliency.
Communication strategies for working on a multi-disciplinary team.
Identify public engagement opportunities aligned with project goals.
Who Should Attend:
- Building Officials
- Landscape & Construction Contractors
- Landscape Architects
- Maintenance Staff
- Water Quality Outreach & Advocacy Professionals
- Day 1 (10AM-4:30 PM): Site planning simulation will be paired with presentations on water quality impairments, regulatory requirements, and stormwater hiearchy best management practices. Communication and outreach strategies will also be discussed.
- Day 2 (9AM-4:30 PM): Technical field class around the Greater Coos Bay Area.
- Participants must attend Day 1 to participate in Day 2.
- Maria Cahill, Principal and Green Infrastructure Consultant, Green Girl Land Development Solutions
- Pam Blake, Basin Coordinator, Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
- Dr. Jenna Tilt, Assistant Professor and Instructor, Oregon State University
- William Fletcher, Water Resources Program Coordinator, Oregon Department of Transportation
Continuing Education Credits Available
- 5 LCB credits
- APA credits (pending)
Light refreshments and lunch will be provided for both days. Please notify the event organizer of any dietary restrictions.
*Lunch is provided for participants who registered before January 16, 2017. Those who register after this date will be asked to provide their own lunch. This applies for both Day 1 & Day 2.
Please be prepared for outdoor field class on Day 2. Bring warm clothes, rain gear and work boots.
Questions about the event or accomodations?
Please contact Christine Johnson, Coordinator, Oregon State University at firstname.lastname@example.org or (330) 472-0722.