Stock Portfolio Contest
Monday, March 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM - Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 11:00 PM (CDT)
In association with CFO, William Blair, Barrington Research and Morningstar, Kellstadt MBAA welcomes DePaul students and alumni to participate in a Stock Portfolio Contest. Investors will use StockTrak.com to manage a U.S. Exchange, all-equity portfolio for a 12 week duration. Please read further for contest information and registration instructions. Registration will be limited to the first 75 participants to sign-up.
Why Participate & What’s at Stake
Portfolio returns will be compiled and compared throughout the 12 week contest. The top 3 portfolio managers who qualify within contest requirements and portfolio return at contest end, (2 spots based on risk-adjusted return using Sharpe Ratio, and 1 spot for total portfolio return,) will receive the following professional rewards;
1. Informational interviews with a professional at both William Blair and Barrington Research.
2. The manager with the best Sharpe ratio will receive a one-month subscription to Morningstar’s “footnotedPro” software (valued at $830).
3. Recognition from Kellstadt Student and Alumni organizations
4. Have your investment strategy and evaluation showcased within the DePaul community.
5. Gain real-time experience in trading stocks and managing a portfolio.
Contest Specifics and General Information
· StockTrak is a virtual stock exchange and acts as a discount brokerage office.
· Manage a $500K portfolio for 12 weeks.
· Max of 200 trades throughout contest duration (≈ 17 per week).
· Available market exchanges include NYSE and NASDAQ, with penny stocks prohibited.
· No more than 10% of portfolio in any one position. Therefore, a required minimum of ten holdings for portfolio to be fully invested.
· Long and Short Positions allowed.
· Investor returns benchmarked against S&P 500.
· Off Limits: Bonds, Mutual Funds, ETF’s, Options, Futures and Currencies.
· Simulated trading fees apply = $15 per online transaction.
· 2/24 – 3/2 - Registration verification: Expect a confirmation email from the MBAA within 2 business days upon completing registration, with more detailed information to be provided.
· 3/5 – General access to StockTrak simulation. Account number & Username assigned to all contest participants via StockTrak. Participants will be required to log-in and establish personal password.
· 3/9 – Submission Deadline for 1-2 page Pre-Contest Thesis.
· 3/12 – Contest Launch – Initial positions open with active trading.
· 3/18 – 6/3 - Weekly performance updates provided to all investors to gauge performance returns against competitors and benchmark.
· Registration beginning at Noon on Friday, February 24th.
· Registration limited to the first 75 participants.
· $15 registration fee.
· Participant to provide email address.
· For registration, contest and reward-related questions, please contact Matthew Gall at email@example.com. Please allow up to 48 hours for response.
· Feel free to visit and browse www.stocktrak.com for investment fundamentals and terminology questions.
DePaul MBA Association
The DePaul Kellstadt MBA Association strives to enhance the Kellstadt experience for students, alumni, and faculty of the graduate school of business. This goal is met by providing networking events, charity involvement and opportunities for professional growth.