What are Founder Hacks? There is no single playbook for how to grow a startup. Most great insights come from recovering from great initial failures that turned around into success. Each of our presenters are bringing one of their favorite hacks to share in STIRR's short-form format.
The Presenting Founders will kick things off around 7:20pm:
- Ev Williams, Founder - Twitter / Blogger / Obvious Corp
- Michael Cerda, Founder - Jangl / Ooma
- Jonathan Abrams, Founder - Socializr / Friendster
Ev, Michael, and Jonathan will be available afterward to talk with the attendees.
Sun Microsystems, and the expanded, startup-friendly Sun Startup Essentials Program which gives your company significant discounts on servers, software and support from Sun. Sun creates some of the most cost effective high-performace servers ever to be racked in a data center. Sun now offers pay as you go compute cloud services as well.
- When: Tuesday, November 13th. Gathering begins at 6:00pm, talks at 7:30pm.
- Where: Mighty, 113 Utah St, San Francisco
- Cost: Founding Teams of internet, enterprise, mobile or bio/cleantech companies: $10 pre-event/$20 at the door. All others (consulting, hr, pr, legal, accounting, design, etc): $20 pre-event/$30 at the door.
- Food: yes. No host bar.
- Pre-printed nametags will be ready at the door for all pre-paid registrants.
FounderHacks is like an inverted tech conference. 80% great hallway conversations and 20% great concentrated content. Networking is the primary focus before and after the talks. The focus is on creating a community of entrepreneurs.
- Founding teams of high growth active early stage technology startups (typically one team betting their salary on one product or service).
- Senior entrepreneurs that want to give back to the next generation
- Angels with startup experience
- Early stage VCs
- Startup focused press
- Bloggers that actively write about startups
- Startup friendly service providers (legal, hr, pr, tax, consulting, etc.)
- Non Stakeholders - an attendee is either in a startup needs to be of high value to the startups, no tourists please.
- Companies that are still at the 'idea on paper' stage (the company must be actively executing)
- Small growth niche websites
- Owners of small lifestyle businesses
- Personal Wealth Managers
- Non-angel advisors
- Anyone who doesn't fit the "Who should attend" list above