STEP-SV Presents: Pre-Immigration Tax Planning: Income and Transfer Tax Considerations Before Moving to the U.S.
Thursday, December 15, 2016 from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM (PST)
Pre-Immigration Tax Planning:
Income and Transfer Tax Considerations
Before Moving to the U.S
Pedro E. Corona de la Fuente
Attorney, Procopio – San Diego
Pedro E. Corona de la Fuente advises clients in international law, international tax and strategic joint ventures. Pedro’s practice focuses on United States investment structures, cross-border transactions, tax treaty planning, withholding obligations and reporting compliance on international transactions. He is experienced in assisting clients and closely held companies with cross-border transactions involving the United States, Mexico and other Latin-American countries. Pedro is admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court.
- Counsels foreign companies and individuals looking to make investments and establish a presence in the US.
- Assists US companies and individuals to develop tax-efficient structures for their operations and investments abroad.
- Advises on the acquisition and sale of Latin American companies by US persons.
Attorney, Rowbotham International – San Francisco
Peter Trieu is a Tax Partner at Rowbotham International. His practice focuses on advising clients regarding domestic and international tax planning and compliance. He also assists clients with their estate plans. His clients include entrepreneurs, multi‐national families, high net‐worth individuals and businesses.
His practice area includes:
• International Taxation
• Corporate and Partnership Taxation (including S corporations and LLCs)
• Taxation of Mergers and Acquisitions
• Executive Compensation
• Estate and Gift Tax
Teleconference: Please contact:
Angela Wu / firstname.lastname@example.org to make special arrangements at no additional cost