STEP Robotics Competition 2016-17
Monday, October 3, 2016 at 6:30 PM - Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 9:30 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The STEP robotics competition is one program administered by Brazos Robotics in the Bryan College Station area. In STEP, middle school and high school students work in teams to build RC/Autonomous robotic platforms. Unlike other competitions, STEP is a year long opportunity to explore real-world science, technology, engineering, and programming. Additionally, we intentionally integrate elementary aged students with our unique competition venues.
The STEP Award embodies the overall program ideals. We recognize science, technology, and engineering are areas of strategic importance to all of society. As such, increasing awareness and appreciation in the general public will benefit all individuals and any progress made by individuals in these areas should be celebrated corporately. A society that values STEP will communicate this appreciation to civic leaders and will invest in the next generation of STEP professionals.
Complete Rules and Policies can be found at STEP.BrazosRobotics.org
Requirements of Team
- STEP is open to schools willing to attend Events in the Bryan College Station area. We accept public schools, private schools, homeschool groups, and other educational groups.
- Team must have a responsible adult to serve as "Coach."
- Student enrolled in 6th-12 grades.
- Teams must have at least 8 students on the roster.
- Teams that register will be invoiced for the $400 registration fee.
- Students must submit waivers.
- Coach must submit to background check.
- Team registration subject to approval by Brazos Robotics board of directors.
The STEP season for any given team consists of a Kickoff, three Mini-Invitational events, and the STEP Circuit Final.
The season kickoff will be in the last week of September with our official Kickoff Event on Oct 3rd.
Phase I: Three Mini-Invitationals during the 3rd week of November (14th-18th). Each team will attend one.
Phase II: Three Mini-Invitationals during the 3rd week of January(16th-20th). Each team will attend one.
Phase III: Three Mini-Invitationals during the 2nd week of March(6th-10th). Each team will attend one.
Circuit Final 0n April 29th or May 6th (TBD)
What Included with Registration Fee
- Materials and Electronics to build a STEP robot.
- Training for coach and student core in technical areas including CAD, robot programming, electronics and basic microcontrollers, and CNC manufacturing.
- Competition venues (mini-invitationals and Circuit Final)
- Team access to shared makerspace.
Save This Event
When & Where
Brazos Robotics is a not-for-profit 501(c) 3 organizational whose aim is to foster technical mentoring relationships that inspire youth to appreciate STEM opportunities. We began solely focused on the BEST Robotics competition. But, we have expanded program initiatives far beyond the BEST model. Now we have year round opportunities for students to nurture their STEM curiosities. Opportunities include: our year-round robotics competition, STEP; weekly robot club, BotClub; BotClub summer camps; Mobile Education Unit targeting elementary students; online Journal of Educational Robotics to host student publications; and evening classes/workshops.