Actions and Detail Panel
STEM University For Kids - Morning Daily Registration
Wed, May 10, 2017, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDT
For Kids 7-12 years old
2 hours a day = $39.99
1 hour a day = 24.99
Weekly Registration ( Monday Through Friday) also available = $199.00 - Click Here
This comprehensive camp will introduce students to exciting new emerging technologies through award-winning, kid-friendly platforms:
• Scratch 2.5 by MIT: Design, build, and program remote-controlled robots from scratch!
• Ozobots: Voted the best educational tool of 2015, Ozobots introduce kids to robotics & Java programming in a fun and interactive way.
• Littlebits: a platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks for creating inventions large and small. Using magnetic bits, students will snap their ideas to life. Littlebits is also dedicated to successfully bridging the gender gap with its gender-neutral platform, inspiring young girls and young boys to unleash their creativity and embrace STEAM (Science, Technology, Art and Mathematics) through the invention cycle.
• 3D Printing: draw an infinite variety of shapes and items, on both the 2D plane and within 3D free space using 3D printing pens. The 3D pen is a great tool for anyone interested in 3D modeling. The pens allow students to illustrate – in 3D – concepts in math, history, art, design, and chemistry, giving them a tangible means to explore complex ideas. ( Additional cost for material fee including 3D Printing with 3D Printing Pens, 3D designs on 3D printers- fee includes filaments for both 3D Printing pens and 3D printers).
• Animation: learn about various techniques for use in modeling in 3D, texturing, materials, topology, high and low poly modeling, lighting, animation of both organic and mechanical meshes, as well as setting up small animated scenes or sequences.
• 3D Design & more
• Exposure to age-appropriate platforms utilizing emerging technologies.
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and their real world applications.
• Understanding of basic design and programming fundamentals.
• Critical thinking and problem solving with hands-on activities.