Actions and Detail Panel
STEM University For Kids - Afternoon Daily Registration
Wed, May 31, 2017, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM PDT
For Kids 7-12 years old
2 hours a day = $39.99
1 hour a day = 24.99
Weekly Registration ( Monday Through Friday) also available = $199.00 - Click Here
This comprehensive camp will introduce students to exciting new emerging technologies through award-winning, kid-friendly platforms:
• Scratch 2.5 by MIT: Design, build, and program remote-control applications from scratch!
• Ozobots: Voted the best educational tool of 2015, Ozobots introduce kids to robotics & programming in a fun and interactive way.
• MBots by MakeBlock: An entry Level STEM Educational Robot Kit based on the Scratch 2.0 and Arduino IDE.
• Littlebits: a platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks for creating inventions large and small. Using magnetic bits, students will snap their ideas to life. Littlebits is also dedicated to successfully bridging the gender gap with its gender-neutral platform, inspiring young girls and young boys to unleash their creativity and embrace STEAM (Science, Technology, Art and Mathematics) through the invention cycle.
• MinecraftEdu: a version of Minecraft designed by teachers for classroom use. Control tiny robotic characters that can do most of the things players can via a tile-based visual editor. this provides a low threshold entry point to start programming.
• Webdesign: what is HTML anyways? an introduction to creating content using an online publishing tool and the powerful yet friendly layout language of HTML.
• 3D Printing: draw an infinite variety of shapes and items, on both the 2D plane and within 3D free space using 3D printing pens. A 3d pen is a great tool for anyone interested in 3D modeling. The pens allow students to illustrate – in 3D – concepts in math, history, art, design, and chemistry, giving them a tangible means to explore complex ideas.
• 3D Modeling: learn about various techniques for use in modeling in 3D.
• and Much More: we are constantly working to add new content relevant and useful to little geniuses. Let's help them tackle the world with a leg up on the future.
• Exposure to age-appropriate platforms utilizing emerging technologies.
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and their real world applications.
• Understanding of basic design and programming fundamentals.
• Critical thinking and problem solving with hands-on activities.