STEM History in San Antonio will highlight how San Antonio helped start the personal computer revolution.
- The event will be held at e-Watch Corporation, a company with roots that trace to Datapoint Corporation.
- Attendees will experience the history, because e-Watch is “part museum", hosting a personal collection of computers and related equipment.
- Student teams will be invited to build a “museum for the day,” enhancing the existing space while generating innovative ideas that might become part of a future technology history museum for our city.
- Tours and STEM project demonstrations will be provided, complete with food and drinks.
- Visit the Geekbus - a mobile makerspace that travels to schools and other organizations to provide STEM educational experiences in their classrooms, sparking students' interests in STEM careers.
- A panel of city leaders will close the evening, with an award given to the most innovative exhibit idea for a future technology history museum!
STEM History in San Antonio is held during STEM Week, organized by the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber and the San Antonio STEM Council.