Actions and Detail Panel
Steam in Modern High Rise Applications
Thu, June 15, 2017, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
Free Class on Con Edison Steam in Modern High-Rise Applications
How can steam can work for you? Find out the financial, design, and green benefits of Con Edison steam.
What You’ll Learn:
- The Role of Steam in Manhattan
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED): Earning points toward certification
- Uses: Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, humidification, cooking, and sterilization
- Equipment: Meter station, pressure-reducing station, steam and condensate piping, controls, and building-management systems
- Design and Construction: Determining steam loads, designing a service, and performing stress calculations
- Costs: Calculating energy costs using utility tariff rates
- What you need to turn on service
- Incentives and rebates
Building owners, consultants, managers, engineers, and maintenance staff are welcome.
Continuing education credits are available. If you pass the exam at the end of the class, you will receive five professional development hours or eight American Institute of Architects Credits and a certificate.
Please note: Person attending must be registered. One person per ticket, please.