San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
STEAM for K-8 Thinkers:
Creating Classrooms for Meaningful Learning in Today’s Common Core World
December 8, 2015
8:00 AM - 1:00 PM *
Plainview Holiday Inn, Plainview, NY
* including full breakfast
Jacqueline Grennon Brooks, Ed.D
Professor of STEM EDUCATION
MINDS ON activities led by experts from across Long Island
Susan G. Zwirn, Ed.D., Graduate Director & Professor of Art Education, Hofstra University
Lauren Hubbard, Ph.D., Executive Director, Maritime Explorium at Port Jefferson Harbor
Tracy Hogan, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Science Education, Adelphi University
Emily Kang, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Science Education, Adelphi University
Cindy Maguire, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Art Education, Adelphi University
MaryJean McCarthy, M.S. Clinical Professor of Science Education, Adelphi University
Participants will engage in multiple STEAM learning challenges that integrate instruction across content areas, offering participants opportunities to experience the pedagogy and reflect with others on its transferability to their classrooms and schools.
Seats are limited at this very important forum. Register now for early savings and to reserve a spot for your building team!
COME TO THIS POWERFUL CONFERENCE TO:
- Learn to use the common core standards to support cultures within schools that put teacher professionalism and student learning back at the center of your classrooms
- Disover how neuroscience points to the critical role of art and design in steam education
- Traverse the disciplines through the arts, illuniating principals shared in common
- Engage in professional conversations that result in lighting up children’s worlds with opportunities for real learning.
- Focus on integrated science, social studies, technology, engineering, art and math challenges as important platforms for learning,
- Understand how the crosscutting concepts of the Next Generation Science Standards can provide a powerful approach to guiding integrated instruction.
- Explore how to integrate new and compatible instructional practices for higher-order thinking and 21st century learning into present repertoires and how to eject nonworking instructional practices and replace them with new ones.
- Understand how Integrated STEAM education launches literacy and numeracy development across the grade span, while expanding civic and career awareness.
- Develop a common language using design principles in performance
- PRESENTED BY School Leaders for Change email@example.com www.schoolleadersforchange.com Karen Siris, Ed.D (516-851-0471) Philip Cicero, Ed.D (516-233-4464) Devin Thornburg, Ph.D
When & Where
Contact Philip Cicero, Ed.D or Karen Siris, Ed.D at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
QUESTIONS: Call Karen Siris at 516-851-0471 Philip Cicero at 516-233-4464