Staying In Balance: Promoting Emotional Wellness in Your Organization
This workshop is intended only for senior managers, program directors and supervisors of DYCD-funded programs.
Participants will be provided with tools to help their agencies, programs and teams respond in healthy ways to the often high levels of emotional distress that arise in the course of their day-to-day interactions. This is an opportunity for agency leaders to identify sources of stress in their workplaces and discuss strategies needed to create and maintain agencies and/or programs that promote health and wellness for both staff and those served. Participants will discuss the challenges, issues, and resources needed for stress reduction and and get an overview of resources available to assist in navigating the social service system when additional services or supports may be necessary.
Areas covered include:
- Understanding the impact of stress on your program and in the workplace.
- Identifying common job conditions that contribute to stress;
- Overview of strategies for reducing stress in your workplace;
- How to create a self-care assessment & plan;
- Gain a better understanding of the common symptoms of stress and its impact on your workplace;
- Understand how stress and burnout can affect workplace functioning;
- Learn strategies to reduce stress at your organization or within your program;
- Identify ways to reduce your own stress.
Facilitated by: Michelle Angulo-Crafton, LMSW
Note: **This training is open to all staff working within NYC DYCD-funded programs.