Actions and Detail Panel
Statesboro Recovery Symposium
Sat, May 20, 2017, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT
Sharing | Hope | Resources
- Inspiring Stories of hope from community members with long-term recovery.
- The opportunity to join coversations about recovery in Statesboro.
- Food, fun, fellowship.
- The time to meet new people from new places that support people in recovery and their families.
A remarkable movement is taking place across the country and across the state of Georgia. People in recovery helping other people in recovery is nothing new, but peer recovery support provides the time and place for people in recovery, from multiple pathways to recovery, to assist each other in achieving their personal goals and helping one another to lead meaningful, purposeful lives. That movement has come to Statesboro. Join us so we can learn from you what's working for you and you can learn how to help support recovery here at home.
This is a free event organized by:
- Capstone Technology
- Center for Addiction Recovery at Georgia Southern University
- Connection Church
- Eastern Heights Baptist Church
- Georgia Council on Substance Abuse
- Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network
- Georgia Southern University Psychology Clinic
- Pineland BHDD
- Reliance Treatment Center
This event is sponsored by the Georgia Department of Behavioral Healtha nd Developmental Disabilities.