San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for Startup Weekend NYC: Internet of Things + Artificial Intelligence Edition, featuring our awesome partners, Techstars IoT (+AI) NYC, Cemex Ventures, and many others!
We welcome an all-star set of judges, including Adam Carver of AngelList, Jenny Fielding of Techstars, Patrick Givens of VaynerMedia, Jay Levy of Zelkova Ventures, Jon Peachey of Virgin USA and Filip, and Heather Zhuang of Two Sigma Ventures (see "Judges" section below).
Following up an incredible Techstars IoT 2016 cohort this past fall, we are looking to inspire the next class of applicants for the Techstars IoT (+ AI) 2017 cohort plus a whole new group of people interested in learning the process for taking ideas from concept to creation in a matter of days.
What is Startup Weekend?
Have you ever seen a new product, app, or business and thought to yourself, "that was my idea a few years ago"? If you have, that means you did not have a process for taking that idea from concept to creation.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from concept to creation within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship,
- learn the process for going from concept to creation,
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in NYC,
- join or build an all-star team,
- learn and practice new skills to take back to your job, or
- take your own idea from concept to creation
Who is Startup Weekend For?
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs,
- developers and other tech-related professionals,
- designers of all types,
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.),
- students from universities and even high schools,
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills,
- passionate visionaries, and
- many more!
What's the twist?
Internet of Things + Artificial Intelligence edition means we will be focusing the ideas we select on solving problems in the space of IoT. With the explosion and growing number of internet enabled devices for just about any realm of life, this edition will be as broad as your imagination allows and focused on addressing the problems and opportunities related to these devices.
Whether you are interested in the IoT+AI or not, the ultimate objective of the event is to empower you with a powerful process for taking any idea, IoT/AI-related or not, from concept to creation!
Your ticket includes:
- Access to the full weekend-long event,
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire,
- Mentoring by all-stars from the IoT+AI world and the tech startup community,
- Tasty meals all weekend,
- Collaboration with awesome IoT+AI professionals from throughout NYC,
- All-star judge's panel lead by startup and IoT+AI leaders,
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni) #SWMafia,
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days, and
- Over 100 new awesome Facebook friends!
Do I need to come with an idea?
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don't have an idea, that's quite all right! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, and see if something strikes your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and learning from each other. If you have more questions, check out the Startup Weekend First Timers FAQ!
Join us for a very special weekend!
Questions? Press inquiries? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See full biographies and details on our Community Page!
Save This Event
When & Where
Techstars Startup Programs
Techstars is a global ecosystem that empowers entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to market wherever they choose to live. With dozens of mentorship-driven accelerator programs and thousands of community programs worldwide, Techstars exists to support the world’s most promising entrepreneurs throughout their lifelong journey, from inspiration to IPO. Techstars provides access to tens of thousands of community leaders, founders, mentors, investors, and corporate partners, allowing entrepreneurs to accelerate the pace of innovation and do more faster. Techstars supports every stage of the entrepreneurial journey – from early stage grassroots community development to more formal opportunities that provide education, experience, acceleration, funding, and beyond. Techstars Startup Programs include Startup Weekend, Startup Digest, and Startup Week.