Startup Marketing Bootcamp
Thursday, July 11, 2013 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (EDT)
An introductory marketing bootcamp for start-up companies where you’ll learn everything you need to build and promote your product and / or brand in the earliest stages. From marketing strategy to content creation, to PR, social media—and beyond— this interactive (and fun!) workshop will provide you with a framework for helping you plan and execute a successful launch. Some of the topics we will talk about include:
- Developing a launch and / or marketing strategy, budget and plan
- To launch or not to launch? When is the right time?
- Working with the press: why they are not your friends
- Social media strategies
- Content creation strategies
- Building community support
- How to choose the right marketing partners to work with
- Building your personal brand
- Strategic marketing that builds customer loyalty
- Getting to know the right interns and know how to best leverage their knowledge
- Kate Castle, Vice President of Marketing, Flybridge Capital Partners
- Jodi-Tatiana Charles, CEO and Brandographer, La Capoise Galerie, Founder of The Embargo List and Media and Community Outreach Coordinator, MassChallenge
We check all attendee registrations at the door. Please bring a printed or smartphone copy of your EventBrite registration and Harvard student ID if you have registered as a Harvard Student. Attendance will be limited to registered guests and tickets will not be available at the door.
Note: Harvard Shuttles have a stop directly across from the i-lab, and you can track the shuttles online here: http://harvard.transloc.com/ If you are driving, please park in the i-lab's lot (entrance on Western Avenue, directions and payment information are here: http://i-lab.harvard.edu/parking).
When & Where
Harvard Innovation Lab
Launched in November 2011, the Harvard Innovation Lab (i-lab) serves as a resource for students from across Harvard interested in entrepreneurship and innovation. The programming offered by the i-lab is designed to help students grow their ventures at any stage of development and covering a wide range of disciplines. The i-lab fosters unprecedented collaboration among Harvard students, faculty, entrepreneurs, and members of the Allston and Greater Boston communities.