Starting a Nonprofit Organization
Do you have an issue or topic that you are passionate about? Do you want to see change happen? Learn how to turn your passion into a reality by starting a nonprofit organization. This seminar will cover key steps to start and successfully run a nonprofit organization.
Topics to be covered in this seminar: Nonprofit incorporation, nonprofit management structure and roles, fundraising for nonprofit organizations and more!
This seminar will take 4 hours and is a lecture style format which includes interactive activities. Participants will be encouraged to share their issue and/or topic area they are passionate about throughout the seminar. The general outline of the workshop is as follows.
- What does nonprofit mean?
- Overview and Importance of Nonprofit Industry
- Nonprofit Business Alternatives
- Forming a Nonprofit Organization
- Steps to Incorporation
- Creating a Board of Directors
- Raising Funds for Your Nonprofit Organizations
This seminar will be facilitated by Heather Carpenter, who is an experienced nonprofit manager, researcher, trainer and blogger. She earned her M.M. in Nonprofit Administration from North Park University in Chicago, Illinois and her Ph.D. in Leadership Studies from the University of San Diego where she served as a Research Associate in the Caster Family Center for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Research. She teaches and presents on a variety of topics in the nonprofit sector, is an avid social media user and authors the well-known Nonprofit Leadership 601 blog.
Heather is also author and creator of three nonprofit management toolkits: Nonprofit Operations, Setting up a Nonprofit Office, and Starting a Nonprofit, and her current research interests include: nonprofit education, nonprofit workforce, and nonprofit technology. She also participates on a variety of national nonprofit committees and partners with many national nonprofit organizations to promote and support nonprofit careers and the nonprofit sector.
· In the event that you are unable to attend a workshop or course after registering, please call Kristian at 616-331-9035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to be be refunded or credited for another event.
· No call, no shows for workshops will be credited to use for a later event.