Stars on the Water 2012
Friday, August 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM - Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 2:30 PM (EDT)
We hope you will help us celebrate the Parrot Head Club of Richmond's 18th annual Stars on the Water Event! *Stars* is the longest-running event by a Parrot Heads in Paradise chapter. What started as a one-night party has become a three-day phlocking that has drawn guests from dozens of states and parrot head clubs across the country. We've featured music by everyone's favorite trop rock entertainers.
This is our first time using Eventbrite to register pholks for *Stars,* and we hope it goes smoothly for you!
Credit card payments are made through PayPal. To pay by check enter the number of tickets you want to purchase, then choose the "Other Payment Options" link below the Order Now button.
Moorefield Suite Raffle: Tickets are $10.00 each for the chance to win a two-night stay (August 17-19, 2012) in the Sheraton's beautiful Moorefield Suite! Mail your check to: Cindy Ely, Stars on the Water, 12505 Cottage Cove Court, Richmond, VA 23233. Your ticket(s) will be mailed to you. The drawing will be held at our parrot head club meeting on August 14, 2012, and the winner will be notified by phone or email.
Here's why you should come to *Stars on the Water*!
The fabulous entertainment lineup:
- The CalypsoNuts
- Dave McKenney and Cariband
- Jim Morris and the Big Bamboo Band
- Sunny Jim White & John Frinzi
- Scott Kirby with Dave Edmisten & Gary Green
But, wait! That's only the beginning!
- A beautiful two-acre parrot head playground!
- Indoor/outdoor pool with swim-through (Great for taking breaks from the hot sun!)
- Spacious grassy area for your folding chairs, beach blankets, and sun canopies.
- Food and beverages included.
- A chance to catch up with old PHriends, and make new ones!
- Hot tub
- Great raffle and auction prizes, including a chance to spend Stars weekend in the Sheraton's exclusive Moorefield Suite (a $700 value!)
- Richmond parrot heads treat our guests like PHamily!
Hotel Information: The special parrot head group rate at the Sheraton Park South is $99.00 per night, plus tax. Two junior suites are available for $130.00 per night plus tax, and have two queen beds or one king, and a sleeper sofa. The Sheraton is a smoke-free building. Please visit the hotel's website for detailed room descriptions and other hotel amenities: www.sheratonrichmondparksouth.com
For your convenience, we're offering online hotel booking! Use this link to reserve your room(s) at the Sheraton: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/STARS18
You may also make telephone reservations by calling 800-525-9538.
Contact Cindy for more information at PHCofRichmond@aol.com.
- Open bar from 4:00 - 11:00 p.m. on Friday
- Open bar from 11:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m. on Saturday (or until host liquor runs out!)
- Friday, 4:00 - 7:00 p.m.: Acoustic entertainment by Dave McKenney. Open bar included.
- Friday, 8:00 - 11:00 p.m.: Cheeseburger in Paradise Poolside Party with music by the CalypsoNuts! Dinner and open bar included.
- Saturday, 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.: Poolside entertainment with B2B, followed by Sunny Jim White and John Frinzi! Lunch and open bar included.
- Saturday, 6:00 p.m. - midnight: Scrumptious dinner. Keep your dancin' shoes on, because Jim Morris and the Big Bamboo Band will keep us entertained into the night in true island style! Cash bar from 4:00 - 11:00.
- Sunday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Scott Kirby with Dave Edmisten and Gary Green performing all of your favorites! Delectable brunch included. Cash bar featuring mimosas and bloody mary specials.
All of the weekend's activities will be held outdoors, weather permitting.
Proceeds will benefit Children's Hospital, the Greater Richmond Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association, and the Central Virginia Food Bank.
When & Where
Parrot Head Club of Richmond
Founded in 1994, the Parrot Head Club of Richmond is one of more than 200 clubs around the U. S plus international clubs in Canada, Australia, the Caribbean, and Europe that make up Parrot Heads In Paradise, Inc. While our volunteer service may find us supporting such worthy causes as the Alzheimer's Association, American Red Cross, Central Virginia Food Bank, Richmond SPCA, and the American Cancer Society, to name a few, we strive to remember that Jimmy Buffett's words and music are the common thread that draws and holds us together. PHIP proves that we can have fun, make lasting friendships, and leave the world a better place in which to live.