Bring a lawn chair and join The Reston Chorale and Brass of the Potomac as we honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice and thank those who serve in America's Armed Forces. The event will also include family activities and an opportunity to show your support for our troops. Tickets are not required.
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm Family Activities - Patriotic Tattoos, Thank You Cards for Troops, Operation Care Package
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm Concert & Sing-Along
The program is free, but donations of care package items are welcome and encouraged. Care packages are sent to troops deployed overseas. Suggested items and certain restrictions are listed below. You may also make a financial donation to help fill and ship care packages to troops.
Sponsorship and employee volunteer opportunities are available.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org..
SUGGESTED CARE PACKAGE ITEMS
- Single-serve, non-perishable food--protein bars, jerky (beef or turkey only), fruit chews, dried fruits, tuna packs or flip-top cans, granola, nuts, seeds, cookies, crackers, hard candy, etc. No solid chocolate or pork products please.
- Single-serve powdered drink mixes and flavorings, including protein powders.
- Comfort items--hand-held fans and misters, cooling/gel bandanas, etc.
- Non-aerosol, unscented toiletries--unscented deodorant, moist towlettes, lip balm, toothbrushes, travel-size toothpaste, sunscreen, non-aerosol insect repellent (preferabley with DEET), etc.
- Fun stuff--Fourth of July favors, hand-held games, puzzle books, playing cards, water pistols, foam balls, flying rings/discs, soccer balls, footballs, softballs and other lightweight sports equipment, etc.
- Batteries--all sizes. Non-lithium only, please.
Please note that we are unable to ship chocolate bars, pork products, aerosol containers, lithium batteries or scented toiletries.