We are hosting three all day extravaganzas at Star Creek Ranch this spring! This is your chance to come out and see the property whatever way you prefer! We are allowing both hiking and mountain biking (yes, the roads are big enough for everyone!) and also offering a shuttle that will be circling the perimeter to pick up and drop off those that are ready for a lift back to their cars.
A few things to know, before you go:
1. This is a MEMBERS ONLY event. Members are welcome to bring as many guests that will fit into their vehicle.
2. Please only sign up for one of the dates so that we can give all of our members a chance to see this beautiful property you helped protect!
3. The only entrance to the property is via a one lane road that is three miles long. Due to this factor we have to designate arrival and departure times. Members may arrive anytime between 9am and noon, and may depart any time between 1pm and 5pm.
4. Trail maps will be provided. Members will have the choice of a variety of trails that vary in length and terrain. We have planned 4-5 self-guided tours.
5. Bring your own picnic, including a blanket, to enjoy along the path or at a vista. If you do decide to bring your own food and drink, this is a "pack it in, pack it out" event. We will not provide trash cans.
6. Sorry, no dogs.
7. Members will meet us at Star Creek Ranch. Once you turn off of the highway, it is a three mile drive on a dirt road. You do not need 4-wheel drive, though we do suggest you come in a vehicle with an average clearance of 6 inches. We tested a mini cooper, and it was a very close call!
8. There will not be a shuttle or a carpool leaving from the Land Trust office. Everyone is to meet out at the property.
9. You must have a ticket to attend this event.
Directions: From Highway 1 (north or south)
- Drive to Watsonville on Highway 1
- Take Riverside Drive/Highway 129 East. Once you exit the freeway, continue on Riverside Drive/Highway 129 INLAND (away from the ocean). You will be traveling EAST.
- Drive 10.5 miles – you will go through downtown Watsonville, and then pass a lot of farmland.
- At 10.5 miles, you will see Land Trust signs directing you to turn left off of the highway. There is no name for the road you will turn onto, but we will mark it with signs.
- If you reach Old Chittenden Road, you have gone too far.
PLEASE PRINT OUT AND BRING YOUR TICKET WITH YOU.
You won't want to miss this!
Land Trust of Santa Cruz County
Phone: (831) 429-6116