Actions and Detail Panel
Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support Certification Train...
Fri, May 19, 2017, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
How can we work with families most effectively?
What does it mean to be a quality Family Strengthening and Support program?
How can managers, direct service staff, and families work together to develop and sustain quality programs?
This full-day certification training on the Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support details how the Principles of Family Support Practice and the Strengthening Families Approach, with its research-based, evidence-informed 5 Protective Factors, can be applied together to enhance work with families. Whether you are setting up a new program or strengthening an existing one, the Standards provide a blueprint for implementing best practice.
Participants who complete the full session will receive a certificate from the National Family Support Network, valid for two years. Continental breakfast, lunch, and materials are included.
Please note: Check-in and continental breakfast with coffee will begin at 8:30 AM. The training will begin promptly at 9:00 AM, and doors will close at that time. Please plan accordingly, as latecomers will not receive certificates.
Who should participate?
- Management and direct service staff in the Family Support and Strengthening field. Teams of Executive Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and Direct Service staff are highly encouraged, because each has a key role to play in implementing the Standards effectively.
- Funders, program officers, and contract managers in the Family Support and Strengthening field
- Principles of Family Support Practice
- Strengthening Families Approach and its 5 Protective Factors
- Family Centeredness -- How can we develop and implement a program that is centered on the needs of families?
- Family Strengthening -- How can we help families to build upon their strengths for achieving success?
- Embracing Diversity -- How can staff and families embrace the many facets of diversity?
- Community Building -- How can programs and families build strong communities?
- Evaluation -- How do we know how well our programs are serving families?
- Samantha Florey, NFSN Director of Training
Metro & Parking: TBA
- Credit Card: Through Eventbrite
- Check: Contact Monique Fong at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know that you plan to pay by check. Please make checks payable to: “WRAG - NFSN” and send to: Monique Fong, National Family Support Network, 450 Taraval Street, #202, San Francisco, CA 94116. Registration is not confirmed until payment is received.
- If you need the W9 of our fiscal sponsor, Washington Regional Area Grantmakers, please download it here.
- If you cancel more than 5 days before the training, you will be refunded your registration fee less a $10 cancellation fee. If you cancel 0-5 days before the training date, no refund will be given.
- The National Family Support Network reserves the right to cancel this training 4 days before the event if registration requirements are not met.
Contact Samantha Florey at (858) 354-4462 or by email at email@example.com.