San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
How can we work with families most effectively?
What does it mean to be a quality Family Strengthening and Support program?
How can managers, direct service staff, and families work together to develop and sustain quality programs?
This full-day certification training on the new Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support details how the Principles of Family Support Practice and the Strengthening Families Approach, with its research-based, evidence-informed 5 Protective Factors, can be applied together to enhance work with families. Whether you are setting up a new program or strengthening an existing one, the Standards provide a blueprint for implementing best practice.
Participants who complete the full session will receive a certificate from the California Network of Family Strengrthening Networks, valid for two years. Continental breakfast, lunch, and materials are included.
Please note: Check-in and continental breakfast with coffee will begin at 8:15 AM. The training will begin promptly at 8:30 AM, and doors will close at that time. Please plan accordingly, as latecomers will not receive certificates.
Who should come?
- Management and direct service staff in the Family Support and Strengthening field. Teams of Executive Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and Direct Service staff are highly encouraged, because each has a key role to play in implementing the Standards effectively.
- Program officers and contract managers in the Family Support and Strengthening field
- Principles of Family Support Practice
- Strengthening Families Approach and its 5 Protective Factors
- Family Centeredness -- How can we develop and implement a program that is centered on the needs of families?
- Family Strengthening -- How can we help families to build upon their strengths for achieving success?
- Embracing Diversity -- How can staff and families embrace the many facets of diversity?
- Community Building -- How can programs and families build strong communities?
- Evaluation -- How do we know how well our programs are serving families?
- Heather Nemour - San Diego County Office of Education
- Amanda La Wall - California Network of Family Strengthening Network
- Credit Card: Through Eventbrite
- Check: Please make checks payable to: SDFSN/Dreams for Change and mail to:
San Diego Family Strengthening Network
PO Box 712832
San Diego, CA 92171
Questions can be directed to Heather Nemour at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (858) 569-5489.
- If you cancel more than 5 days before the training, you will be refunded your registration fee less a $10 cancellation fee. If you cancel 0-5 days before the training date, no refund will be given.
- San Diego Family Strengthening Network reserves the right to cancel this training 4 days before the event if registration requirements are not met.