Goals of Youth Worker workshops
These sessions aim to help youth workers prepare for Stand Up Week. The sessions will be delivered by senior staff from BeLonG To,who will be very open to questions and discussions. The sessionswill offer:
- A chance to increase your confidence in tackling and preventing homophobic and transphobic bullying.
- Insights into LGBT young peoples’ priority needs in terms of support.
- Ideas for how to implement Stand Up in your youth service.
Feedback from previous workshops
Youth Workers who participated in BeLonG To’s workshops in March 2015 in preparation for the last Stand Up Week completed anonymous evaluations at the end of their sessions. Over 80% of participants rated the workshops as either ‘Very Good’ or ‘Excellent’ and as ‘Very Useful.’ Feedback to the open-ended questions about the workshops included, for example:
- Trainer was great!
- Good to facilitate sharing of experiences
- Very open discussion
- Videos very useful.
- Time flew!
- I found it very good that you could ask any question – no question was off-limits.
- I find it very helpful to leave with resources.
- I feel better prepared.
- Excellent knowledge.
- Excellent day!
- Really enjoyed it and very inspired!
- Thanks – could have gone on for another hour.
- More time for this training - thank you very much.
- An evening well spent.
- They know their stuff.
A BIG thank you to Ossory Youth Centre for generously donating the space to conduct these trainings!