Actions and Detail Panel
STAND UP Against Domestic Violence
Sat, March 18, 2017, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM PDT
An evening of comedy with nationally known comedians to raise awareness and funds for Haven Hills to help end domestic violence and support those working to break free from the cycle of violence. We've added three amazing new comedians to the line-up for Stand-Up Against Domestic Violence - all coming out to support Haven Hills and the cause." Larry Miller, Carlos Kotkin and Cathy Ladman will be joining us as Paul Reiser and Wayner Cotter have scheduling conflicts -- that's showbiz!
Larry Miller Bio
- One of Hollywood's most recognizable faces
- Appeared in over 100 film and television shows
- Began his career with a memorable scene alongside Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in the blockbuster film, Pretty Woman
- Followed by unforgettable roles in such films as The Princess Diaries, The Nutty Professor, Bee Movie and 10 Things I Hate About You
- Wendy Hammers is a well-known comedian, actress, and writer.
- She has made several appearances in movies (40 is the New Dead), tv (Mad About You), theater (Funny Business), and of course stand-up comedy with appearances on Oprah, The Late Show with Craig Ferguson.
- Wendy also works as an acting coach at The Workshop.
- You can also see Wendy in her current Tasty Words presentation of Solo Sisters at The Moss Theater at New Roads School now playing in Santa Monica.
- Jen Kober is a comedian well known for a blend of storytelling, stand-up, and “improvised rock-n-roll comedy.”
- Can be heard telling her spin on stories on NPR’s Snap Judgement
- Has been featured on The Mindy Project, Anger Management, Curb Your Enthusiasm, American Reunion, and so much more.
- Jen is currently traveling and can be seen on a stage near you
- Writer/actor/comedian and has recently written for “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” & “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”
- Known best for role as “Mouse” on The Jamie Foxx Show and “Crazy Legs” in the Wayans Bros. spoof, “Don’t be a Menace to South Central while Drinking your Juice in The Hood.”
- Launched his career as a stand-up comedian, eventually opening for Jerry Seinfeld, was immediately signed and the rest is history!
SPECIAL SURPRISE GUEST:
- Comedian, actress, fashion designer, author, singer-songwriter, and activist.
- Best known for her stand-up routines critiquing social and political problems, especially regarding race and sexuality.
- Activist in human rights and is most notably recognized for supporting women’s and LGBT rights.
- She has won several awards for her efforts within these communities such as the First Amendment Award from the ACLU of Southern California and the Intrepid Award from the National Organization for Women (NOW).
- Storyteller, author and screenwriter
- One of the screenwriters of the animated feature Rio 2 from 20th Century Fox, he wrote Open Season: Scared Silly for Sony Animation
- Recently finished work on the script Walter the Farting Dog for Paramount Pictures
- Currently writing another animated feature for Sony Pictures
- Author of a dating memoir, published by Penguin Books, “Please God Let It Be Herpes: A Heartfelt Quest for Love and Companionship”
- Appeared on The Tonight Show - the old one - not Jack Paar, Johnny Carson and Jay Leno - numerous times
- Late night TV guest for years.
- She’s guest-starred on sitcoms such as “Roseanne,” “Everybody Loves Raymond,” and “Curb Your Enthusiasm, and on dramas, “Brothers and Sisters,” “Mad Men,” and “NCIS: Los Angeles”
- Upcoming new role as a recurring character in the Showtime series, “I'm Dying Up Here,” debuts May 2017