Actions and Detail Panel
Stairway to Heroin
Tue, April 25, 2017, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM CDT
Children increasingly are coming into contact with illegal drugs. Some children may smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol when still very young, but by the time they graduate high school, almost 40% of all teens have tried marijuana. We cannot assume that all children who smoke marijuana will become heroin addicts. However, the danger does exist, and research supports the progression of use.
Parents are still the most powerful inﬂuence in their children’s lives. Children who learn about the risks of drugs and alcohol from their parents are 50% less likely to use than those who don't. Please join us to learn how you can be part of the solution to this ever-growing concern in our community.
Featured speakers include:
- Melanie Crandall, parent testimony
- Dr. Timothy Westlake, Medical Director, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital
- Chris Kohl, Waukesha County Sheriff's Department
- Chris Gleason, MA, CAADC, MAATP, Director, Rosecrance McHenry County and Wisconsin Offices
- The Lyberts, A Family's Journey to Recovery
A resource fair will take place from 5:30-6:30pm with the presentation beginning promptly at 6:30pm.