Greetings Awesome Stepping Stones Village,
We are excited to invite you to join us for our annual VILLAGE DAYLONG!
This day is a celebration of all of you, our community, and brings back a historical experience of gathering annually as a Stepping Stones tribe way-back-when. This Village Daylong serves as the official youth 'Fall Daylong', with all current groups having received the invitation to join, but is so much more than that. It is a way to open the door to the whole family for a shared day of fun, play, laughter, meaning-making and getting to know the beautiful landscape of Stafford Lake. There will be a good balance of time for the youth to hang with their groups and meet other youth, time for you to play with your kids, and free time too. We hope you'll join us!
Thank you for your RSVP to this Daylong - whether you CAN attend, or CANNOT attend, please RSVP.
Outline for the day:
11:30am - We welcome your family to arrive at Stafford Lake with picnic lunches early, to enjoy the area and start sharing in the warm vibes to come.
12pm - Please plan to arrive by noon to settle in.
12.30pm - Opening Circle (please be here!)
1pm - Youth join their SSP group, Parents enjoy time with other parents & SSP staff
1:15 - 2:30pm - Youth & Parents enjoy separate activities (youth in groups, parents have options to choose from)
2:30pm - All Youth groups gather. Epic capture the flag ensues.
3pm - Break + Setting up of afternoon 'Zones'
3:30-4:45pm - Zones for Youth & Parents to enjoy as they please (we'll have lots of options that may include movement, music, games, improv, nature skills, and the favorite 'hang out' zone :)
5pm - Blessing on the food & Feast / BBQ / Free Time
5:45-6pm - Closing Circle for everyone
Things To Bring:
- Picnic lunch if arriving around 11:30am. Please have eaten lunch if arriving at noon, or for Opening Circle.
- Please bring snacks for you and your family for throughout the day
- Sunscreen, hats, water bottle... whatever you need to stay well throughout the day
- Camping Chairs for adults so you can circle up if/when it's time for a grown-up gather
- Blanket for lounging and hanging out
- Fun things! Musical instruments, hula hoops, hack sacks, balls... we'd love for you to add to the fun!
- Whatever else you'd want at a Village Daylong to have a blast (email us if you have ideas :)
Thank you everyone for your timely RSVP so we can get a sense of #'s and plan to have the best day ever! You'll have a chance to respond to questions as you RSVP, regarding bringing siblings and other logistics.
The SSP Team
Please send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note: this invitation is for all Stepping Stones parents, leaders, elders, board members, staff... and all Council members of SSP with groups started before Fall 2016. If you have received this invitation in error, or have landed on this page with excitment, but do not know if you are part of the invited SSP families, please email email@example.com for clarification.
Thank you! *