RESCHEDULED: This event has been moved to December 8th, 2016 due to a last minute cancellation. Same, speaker, same time, same location! Hope to see you there.
Topic: Microsoft SQL Server in Windows Containers
Perry Skountrianos, Program Manager, Microsoft SQL Server Team
Because this venue is located in a corporate office, you will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement to be allowed access to the conference room. If you do not wish to sign an NDA, you are welcome to tune in to the WebEx live stream.
- Welcome and sign-in
- Meet and greet
- WebEx Stream begins
- Speaker: Perry Skountrianos
- 9:00pm: Adjourn
Applications fuel innovation in the cloud and mobile era. Containers, and the ecosystem that is developing around them, will empower software developers to create the next generation of applications experiences. It is crucial for Microsoft SQL Server to be able to fully support these new experiences as it is an essential component to many existing and new architectures. With the recent Microsoft partnership with Docker, Inc and the general availability of Windows Server 2016, Microsoft SQL Server now offers a great container-based experience in both Windows Server Core and Hyper-V Containers. This session provides a quick introduction to Containers and walks through installing and configuring Microsoft SQL Server in a Windows Container.
Perry Skountrianos has over 15 years of experience in the area of databases and data management systems. In his current role as a Program Manager on the Microsoft SQL Server team, he is responsible for “containerizing” Microsoft SQL Server by leveraging Windows Containers and Docker, as well as driving various features within the SQL Server product. Before spending 2 years with the Microsoft Azure Storage team, he co-founded a Seattle based Health IT software startup company where he served as the Chief Technology Officer for 7 years. Prior to that, he held multiple positions as Software/Database Engineer at small-medium size companies in Chicago, Seattle, and Athens Greece.
- The meeting will be in the GCI Seattle office, in their “Rainier” Conference Room, at 901 5th Avenue, Suite 3700, Seattle, WA 98164.
- Parking: After-hours parking in the 901 building is closed to the public. We recommend you use the Olympic Garage (Ace Parking), located at 1201 5th Avenue (streetview). This is 2 blocks north of our location.
- Building Access: Enter via the 4th Avenue door. Check in with the security desk who will allow access to the 37th floor via the elevators.
- Important Note: Because this venue is located in a corporate office, you will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement to be allowed access to the conference room. If you do not wish to sign an NDA, you are welcome to tune in to the WebEx live stream.
- WebEx stream will begin at 7:30 pm
- Thursday, December 8, 2016 7:30 pm | Pacific Standard Time (Seattle, GMT-08:00) | 1 hrs 30 mins Meeting number: 927 629 566
- Meeting password: sqlseattle
- Link: https://nbsys.webex.com/nbsys/j.php?MTID=mfc46eeeaeaef39cba00436b0d57ffc88
Portions of the meeting will also be recorded and posted to the SQLSeattle YouTube Channel.