SQL Server 2016 New Features (Not Query Store!)
SQL Server 2016 brings many new features in all areas of the product. Some areas which have not received as much love as others are now have many enhancements E.g. SSRS!
This demo packed session covers as many enchancements as we fit in:
- Columnstore Enhancements including new batch operators, b--tree indexes on the same table as columnstore indexes and filtered indexes
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements including alter table, scalar functions and new parallel write architecture
- Native JSON
- Always Encrypted (Client Side Encryption), the DBA cannot see the data!
- Row Level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
- Enhanced Always On including automatic failover when a database goes offline
- Enterprise Grade Analysis Services, parallel processing for Tabilar Models, SSMS for Extended Events
- Many additional DAX functions
- Enhanced Master Data Services (MDS) including compression and additional management jobs/improved security
- Enhanced Reporting Services including powerpoint generation
- Temporal Tables
- T-SQL Enhancements