San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Presented in cooperation with The Kohala Center, this day-long summit will provide information, inspiration and networking opportunities with Hawai‘i farmers and producers interested in creating excellent products.
We welcome all existing and aspiring Hawai‘i farmers and producers. Presenters will include Ken Love from Hawai‘i Tropical Fruit Growers; Lou Cooperhouse, President and CEO of Food Spectrum LLC; members of Whole Foods Market's global, regional and store Team Members; Kaua‘i retailers; and exemplar producers.
Registration is FREE, with the option to pre-reserve and purchase lunch for $10.00.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Overview of Food Industry, Trends, and Markets
- Value-Added Opportunities for the Hawaiian Market and for Export
- Food Safety, Quality, and Technology
- Product and Process Development
- Business Plan Development and Funding Opportunities
- How to Become a Vendor with Whole Foods and Other Local Retailers
- The Retailer's Perspective
- Branding and Marketing
When & Where
Cultivating Hawai'i's Next Crop of Artisanal Producers
A day long summit to share information, inspiration and networking opportunities with Hawai‘i farmers and producers interested in creating excellent products.
We welcome all existing and aspiring Hawai‘i farmers and producers. Presenters will be community experts, Whole Foods Market global, regional and store Team Members, and exemplar producers.
Free entry for registered participants, lunch available for purchase
JOIN US TO LEARN ABOUT
• Becoming a Whole Foods Market vendor
• Pricing & Business Models
• The Retailer’s Perspective
• Branding & Marketing
• WFM’s Local Producer Loan Program
• Local Ingredient Sourcing
• Food Safety