Sprint Through Summer 2014
Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 12:30 AM - Friday, August 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The new and improved Sprint through Summer program kicks off its 2nd year May 5, 2014. Last summer, the program was a resounding success! This program opened the opportunity for FHLA volunteers to volunteer at events during summer while getting a jump-start on points for the fall. These are the points that will help qualify you to be an attendee at the 2015 National Restaurant Show in Chicago! This is a great time for you to network and to see what FHLA is all about.
FHLA is pleased to introduce this program, and we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity for you to earn points to go on the Spring 2015 Chicago trip. Spots are limited! The first ten (15) members to sign up will gain first access to registration for all summer events. The following fifteen (15) members who sign up will get second access to the event registrations: so sign up quick! For each event, volunteers will receive 30 points, backups will receive 20, and if a member is selected as an event lead, they will receive 40 points. All registered members will receive an exclusive Sprint through Summer t-shirt! Following your successful completion of the program, you will also receive official recognition from FHLA at the LEGACY: Leadership Awards Ceremony next spring.
Sprint Through Summer kick off meeting, this meeting will give you all the information on STS events and what to expect for the summer.
Dates For Sprint Through Summer
- May 27 STS kick off meeting 1pm-2pm
- May 27 Sprint Through Summer members Brain storming meeting for events and sales
- May 28 Bake Sale 10-3 pm WC
- June 11 Spring Cleaning at WC FHLA remodeling office 11 am-4pm
- June 12 Spring Cleaning at WC FHLA remoldeling office 12pm-5pm
- June 18 STS members meeting 1-2pm
- June 25 Give Kids the World in Kissimmee (time will be posted later next week)
- June 26 Bake sale 10-3pm WC
- July 2 Spaghetti Dinner sale 10-4pm
- July 9 Second Harvest food bank 9am - 1pm
- July 16 STS members meeting 1-2 pm WC rm 109
- July 23 Spaghetti Dinner Sale 10-4pm Wc
- July 30 Bake sale 10-4pm Wc
Please save and write down these dates for your reminder.
Contact Person: Carla Predelus
407-230-6086 Carla (cell)
Future Hospitality Leaders of America at Valencia College
We all want to build our own legacy. We all hope to inspire someone else to be the best at what they do. Being a part of the hospitality industry allows us to serve others and showcase what we are good at. As a member of FHLA (Future Hospitality Leaders of America) we have the opportunity to not only impact the community here in Central Florida but to also network and establish connections with industry executives.