Spring into ICD-10: Planting Knowledge Today for a Brighter Future Tomorrow
Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Friday, April 4, 2014 at 3:00 PM (CDT)
Southern charm is a way of life here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, but that’s not all we have to offer. PPS Plus Software is ready to help empower and prepare your agency for the surge of ICD-10 in October 2014. After attending numerous ICD-10 educational workshops, in-depth ICD-10 training courses and the 11th Annual Coding Summit in Washington, D.C., we know what skills and expertise it takes for an agency to overcome the challenges of ICD-10.
We cordially invite you to join our Director of Education and ICD-10 Expert, Jennifer Warfield, in April 2014 for a 2-day, one-of-a-kind ICD-10 workshop in beautiful Biloxi, MS. Jennifer will walk you through significant elements of ICD-10 and help you prepare for the upcoming transition.
PPS Plus Software is hosting this special event at the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, Biloxi’s favorite venue for dining, entertainment, night life and hotel accommodations.
- Discussion of changes in coding conventions
- Discussion of changes in coding guidelines
- Identify and discuss new features specific to ICD-10-CM
- Identify and discuss criteria used in selecting and sequencing diagnoses on OASIS
- Exploration of the steps to use the ICD-10 manual correctly
- Apply learned objectives to coding chapter-specific scenarios
Contact Hours Offered: 13.0
PPS Plus Software #000300 is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Mississippi Nurses Foundation, Inc. an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Date & Location
Opening reception Wednesday, April 2 - 7pm - 9pm
|Tuition Type||Earlybird (Before 3/10/14)||After or Onsite (After 3/10/14)|
Customers please call 888-897-9136 for promo code.
Please note, space is limited! We are only able to take the first 100 registrants for this conference.
Thursday, April 3, 2014
|7:00 - 8:00||Breakfast (provided by PPS Plus Software)|
|8:00 - 9:00||Chapters 1 and 2 (Infectious Diseases and Neoplasms)|
|9:00 - 9:45||Chapter 3 (Diseases of the Blood)|
|9:45 - 11:00||Chapter 4 (Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases)|
|11:00 - 11:15||Mid-morning break|
|11:15 - 12:15||Chapter 5 and 6 (Mental Disorders and Diseases of Nervous System and Sense Organs)|
|12:15 - 1:15||Lunch (provided by PPS Plus Software)|
|1:15 - 1:45||Chapters 7 and 8 (Diseases of Eyes and Ears)|
|1:45 - 3:00||Chapter 9 (Diseases of the Circulatory System)|
|3:00 - 3:15||Mid-afternoon break|
|3:15 - 4:15||Chapter 10 (Diseases of the Respiratory System)|
|4:15 - 5:00||Chapter 11 (Diseases of the GU System)|
What to Bring:
· ICD-10-CM Coding Manual. You can purchase this from: https://store.decisionhealth.com/Product.aspx?ProductCode=I102012&PromotionCode=PVT13601 OR http://www.medicalcodingbooks.com/product/icd10-icd10cm-official-draft-2014/
We look forward to seeing you in April!
When & Where
PPS Plus Software
Completing the OASIS is hard enough.
We make reviewing it easy!
Ask us how we can help your agency!
- OASIS Analysis Software
- Benchmarking Services
- Education & Consulting Services
- Coding & OASIS Review Services
- HHCAHPS Services
- PECOS Enrollment Validation